1932 Pierce Arrow LeBaron barn find V12 Engine Repair

I can't say I agree with using a pressure washer to clean the car.  Think of all the water forced down inside the doors and into every crack and crevice....but, each to his own.....what a great car.....

John Cislak as mentioned for the engine rebuild is a great choice, he probably knows these engines better than anyone, and understands what needs to be done to make them work on today's fuel.  That said, others are out there who can rebuild components.

John rebuilt the carburetor on my '31 Pierce eight, and it's amazing the performance difference with the "tricks" that he uses....

• Like 1

I sent you an email with John's office phone, he's in Springfield Mass.  I apologize for comment about pressure washing, was worried as I watched that paint would come off or water saturate interior!  Very interesting green wool broadcloth interior.  What a wonderful car, y'all are lucky to be caretakers of it.....

• 2 months later...

Description on e bay is confusing; seller may be mixing up what a car displayed at an Auto show was and what a car displayed at an Auto Salon was - two very different locations and status. The final Automobile Salon in New York was in the latter part of 1931, the final Automobile Salon of any - was in Chicago in early 1932. The Automobile Salons were for luxury cars only - no Durants, Chevys, Plymouths etc  Automobile Salon cars were custom bodied, and in New York were held at the Hotel Commodore from 1918 to 1931. The annual Automobile Show was held in New York also but not at the Hotel Commodore and featured all sorts of makes of automobile. If you want a further explanation/clarification go to Hemming's Classic Car issue #142 July 2016 and look at my column titled " Shows and Salons".

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...