56 power steering, trans, rear

NC-car-guy

Is anyone seriously interested in 1956 century power steering, dynaflow, or rear axle?  I will be making a run to atlanta soon and have located some of this up north.  Before i run north after any of it, i want to know if there's a value im chasing it.  I could deliver it while running back south to Atlanta. 

Oh and a 3 Groove pulley set for crank and water pump, 4bbl intake, and carter carb are all on the line. I am not looking for any profits here however if I have to go all the way to Michigan to gather all this up I am going to look to cover some of my costs.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

Matt, I call dibs on the Carter 4bbl if you don't already have that one in mind. My other one fell through. You said 3-groove, is that an AC car? Might want to pull everything you can that's AC off while you're there. I know KC was looking for those pulleys, but if he already has them, I'll take those as well. The power steering pulley will most likely be different, too.

• Like 1

Sounds interesting Matt. I assume you're planning on bringing it home for dismantling? The A/C is so much simpler to remove than the 54-55's. I just pulled one and only took about 5 hours whereas the 54/55s took a day and a half.  The power steering is a piece of cake too because of the rag joint. Sounds like a well decked out car, likely going to have power brakes and 4way power seat? 

Here's hoping it goes well for you and generates some cash for the nice driver you are looking and saving up for. ?

• Like 1

It's not a whole car. But the guy had an engine that I want, and there was a guy here locally (hour from me) interested in the rear axle. (Ive promised mine to someone already) I figured now that i have the money ready to pay what I owe the southern buick mafia, I could run north and bring some of this back with me, which could save some shipping costs for folks on the big stuff, plus the guy says he'll make a better deal if it all leaves at once. All of that being said, the guy is super slow to respond. I've been asking for photos for days now!

Funny you say that. There's a gent on Ebay currently selling a complete front drum set off a 55 Roadmaster that he recently swapped to discs. He wanted $145, new drums, shoes, everything. I told him I would pay for shipping whatever the cost, here's the money. Each drum is worth $120, so it was quite the steal. "Willing to work out shipping cost for any interest buyer." The guy said he wasn't going to ship them. Why bother putting them on Ebay? Oh well, the hunt for Roadmaster backing plates continues...

Edited by Beemon (see edit history)

yea, me and Greg,  both of us came off the same shelf me thinks. He was in the "smarts" bin and I in the "good looks" bin...

Sorry Matt for hijackin your thread with a bunch of silly nonsense, thought it good though to keep it to the top while that feller in Michigan is taking his time gettin back to ya.

• Like 1