BHA 1925 Master Book of Parts

dibarlaw

Question to those who have purchased the BHA reprints. What is the quality of these reprints? I ask because I have the 1925 Standard Book of Parts I bought from BOB's and the photos are very "muddy". I have an original 1926 Standard Book of Parts to compare the quality. All photos crisp and clear. The 1923 (2 part) book of parts I scanned for Leif came out much better than the BOB's 1925 reprint. Then Leif sent me a file with both the 1925 Standard and McLaughlin Book of Parts. Again, much better quality than the BOB's quality. I had bought one of the 1914-1930 Master parts book copies. Many pages out of sequence some pages are upside down as to the other side of the sheet. I now own an original bound book in excellent condition with all the addendums. What a joy to peruse!

The bottom line is that I do not want to spend the money unless it is a really good print.

Larry.

Have you tried to buy an original 1925 Master Parts Book ?As you probebly know I don`t like those bad PDF copies.There must be anyone out there that don`t need the 1925 Master Parts Book and can sell it to you.

Of all the Buick parts book you helped me to buy years ago,the 1925 Master book was the worst of them,with a lot of damage page.The book are 120 page,it takes a lot of time to scan,and will not not be as good as the other books I have scanned.If you need some of the page immidetly I can scan them for you.

Happy New Year .

Leif in Sweden.

Leif:

I will also try to get an original and will keep checking. I know that the 1926 Standard book of parts that you did not want because of the water damage I kept. Even with the damage the illustrations are much better than the copy of my 1925 book. And many of the parts common to both years are the same. It has also helped me compare parts when I come across them.

So does any one have a 1925 Master Book of parts for sale?

One of the illustrations I could use now is of the electrical section showing the breakdown of the switch and instruments. I have 4 partial switches and an trying to build up a good one from the repro case and switch levers I got from BOB'S. I only have 2 insulation plates with the taps and connections. Each one is different. And neither have the dropping resistor for the headlights. I have to pull the one in the car since the levers have also locked up. It does have a working key switch with a key so that is the one I will probably use.

Thank you:

Larry

Larry,

I recently received "Mechanical Features - The new Buick six" and "The new Buick four wheel Brakes" from BHA.  I was impressed by the quality of the paper used.  Better paper than any other reproductions I have received.  Understand that an original is always "The Best". These were good and met my expectations, but I do wish I had found originals.  I bought a 1925 standard parts book from another vendor and it is fair (worse quality), and I should have sent it back, but poor was better than nothing at the time.  I bought a "1925 shop manual" from another vendor, and the quality was so poor that I did send it back.  I eventually found an original, and am glad that I made the purchase.  I think the BHA probably makes the best copies.  You can always return them if you are not satisfied.  They sent a note with the copies that they have all the documents electronically, but I do not know what that entails to see or get electronic files.  Really good scans are nice if you are able to enlarge them.  Hugh

carmover:

Thank you it is a great scan. The Standard switch faces are different from the Masters that was why am looking for a 1925 Master Book of Parts. Most of the interior case parts are the same.

DSCF5753.JPGDSCF5755.JPG

DSCF5762.JPGDSCF5774.JPG

DSCF5775.JPGTrying to make one good one from all these parts.