51 pontiac sedan delivery-uk

Guest stevie-t

Guest stevie-t

hi guys , just wondering how many of these pontiacs may still be around, got mine last year,runs and drives well , but hydramatic has just started to leak when hot, done it once ,but got to come out again this winter ready for next year,, , not main seal or torus seal, seems to be between  mating surface of front pump and bell housing, but it dont show a seal there apart from front pump seal, which i did, , a pic  attached from the nec ,nov classic car show, cheers ,steve

20161110_151256.jpg

20161110_152356.jpg

20161113_081545.jpg

That's a beautiful car Steve, and I believe those Pontiac Sedan Deliveries are rare.  The only other one I've seen was also a 1951, and it was located in

Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  That car had been smuggled in via a circuitous route from Cuba and was in poor shape.  The car had neither a title nor import documents.  The owner said that, if I bought the car, I could easily get those documents.  I told him: "If it's so easy, you get the documents and give me a call ... I've got the cash".  Surprise!:rolleyes:  I never heard from him again.

I'm afraid that I can't help you with your transmission troubles, but I'm sure that there is someone on this forum who can help you.

Cheers,

Grog

Guest stevie-t

hi , i think when the box is in front of me  on the bench it will all become  clearer ,[ i hope ], the pontiac  has always been a van, and was nothing left of it inside, but the outside  and inner panles were in great shape , so it came from a decent warm state, any rusty bolts just undone with one turn , sand and dust everywhere, but its turned out well, and again , rare over here, seen one other, a mexican type custom job, but not parked next to it yet, cheers

• 7 years later...

Hi Steve, I know it's years since you posted this but hopefully you'll get my message! I've just bought a 1949 Chieftain panel wagon, do you still have yours? We're based in Somerset, it would be great to see another panel wagon, we've got a lot of work to on ours!

Sarah

20240121_160351.jpg

• Like 1

mix of pontiac and chev canadian versions......theres 4-5 more sedan deliveries to the right in the first pic.....i dont have a pic of them tho.....all 49-53....and about 14 HT same years.... the blue indian car is quite different to canadian models,longer front fenders different hood ornament and grill,different front fender side chrome,i think dash is different also and for sure steering wheel.....is the indian car a 8 cylinder ?1C41B3F4-F23D-4659-9A04-8C09B0EBA251.jpeg.8892c2a8c606dd6c3c3be5a870e198ba.jpeg.c5b2ed47a1b697b99c22ceb4c0df20bc.jpeg9DA838CC-C084-4C3C-BA8C-94591A182C9C.jpeg.1dcf3f5a760f2fb78fbe06c105bd3a6b.jpeg.4d5ac115a8bee91078080783147a0b3a.jpeg

Edited by arcticbuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, arcticbuicks said:

mix of pontiac and chev canadian versions......theres 4-5 more sedan deliveries to the right in the first pic.....i dont have a pic of them tho.....all 49-53....and about 14 HT same years.... the blue indian car is quite different to canadian models,longer front fenders different hood ornament and grill,different front fender side chrome,i think dash is different also and for sure steering wheel.....is the indian car a 8 cylinder ?

Around 1973 when I lived in Edmonton, I remember seeing a rare 1958 Pontiac Sedan Delivery, which was the final year until Pontiac introduced the 1973 Astre panel.  It was unmolested, (as in not hot rodded) at the time.  I believe there were 661 of them made.   Rothmans-Pall Mall had a 1957 Pontiac Sedan Delivery in their 'Light up the 1950's' vehicle collection around 1979/80 which toured major shopping malls in Canada.  It was white in color, and decorated with 'No.7' cigarette logos on the sides.  I did read later the collection was broken up and sold off a number of years later when cigarette companies were no longer allowed to publicly advertise their products.

Craig