1937 Buick Special Exhaust Manifold

I learned something new today.  The '37 exhaust manifold was different from the '39....I don't know how, but parts books vary.  One Master book says 34-38 is the same, another one says only '37-38 are the same.  They all say 39 and up are the same.  I have one of each, 37 and 39, and I can't see the difference.  Often times the numbers in the books have to do with some very minor differences.  I would try a '39-49 exhaust manifold.  Problem is the intakes are definitely different because of the number of bolts for the carburetor.

Planning on coming back to Kent I'm in the next city North? I'm guessing shipping would be $60-$70. Perhaps one will become available closer to your location.  Have you tried asking on the 1937-1938 Yahoo group?

Carl

I removed an exhaust manifold today and took a couple pictures, but came in to watch the Browns lose again. I'll post a few pictures shortly.

Like I said you might try the yahoo group first as many members are on the west coast. Free to join but I wouldn't recommend daily updates as sometimes they can get off subject and have a lot of posts on some days. This link should work;

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/1937and1938Buicks/info

Carl

3 hours ago, Dave Bergmann said:

Where do I find the "box"?

Top right of the screen : the envelope (on a computer screen)

If you acess the web site by a phone may be different

• Like 1

Larry are you sure the exhaust manifolds are different? Intake manifolds are different depending on the carburetor/choke but I'm pretty sure the exhaust manifolds are the same. I just checked my 1928-1947 Parts list and it lists the same number for 1934-1938 Series 40 cars. Group 3.601 Part number 1298001

Carl

PB300011.JPG

Edited by 1937-44 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...