SOLD 53-55 3 speed conversion, 6 bolt top

MrEarl

Would really love to see "someone" here use this stuff. Basically anything you see in the picture that you can use to convert a 53-56 Buick w/Dynaflow to a standard shift with floor shift. Includes at minimum a 3 speed 6 bolt top transmission, bellhousing, flywheel, flywheel cover, clutch, pressure plate, clutch fork, foot pedals, and an old school Ansen Posi-Shift floor shifter. To be picked up or if it will help and you live more than 6-8 hours away, I will drive it 3-4 hours for gas,  lunch and a beer.  $800

note, I am not saying everything you need is here, I am saying I will sell you anything you see here that you can use. You will still need to gather nuts and bolts and bearing etc etc.  Imagine how long it would take to gather all this, not to mention the cost if bought separately.

$800 -  PM if interested.

IMG_7557.JPG

On 11/8/2016 at 1:55 PM, Beemon said:

Isn't the 3 speed syncromesh the true way to awaken the 322? This looks like so much fun but being a poor college student and being on the other side of the country throws in wrench in anything. 

Financing may be available? Troublemaker, waddaya mean?

Hmmm, Ben,  I had forgotten about the complications of three speeds and 56's relative to the clutch and brake pedals and also possibly clearances under the hood. But if you can get it figured out  and decide you want it I'll work with you anyway I can on getting it to you and some friendly financing, but by no means dip into that tuition account!  ;)

• Like 1

MrEarl, I do not believe this setup will fit a 56. The clutch linkage is supposed to bolt to the engine block and based on the shop manual, the bracket isn't in your photos. The equalizer also has a 3rd arm in 56. Still a beautiful setup, hold on to those bellhousings. I was doing some research and the 56 3 speed was the same as the Pontiac 3 speed, the only difference was a lack of a torque tube. Someone could swap to open drive with one of those bellhousings if they found the right Pontiac 3 speed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beemon said:

MrEarl, I do not believe this setup will fit a 56. The clutch linkage is supposed to bolt to the engine block and based on the shop manual, the bracket isn't in your photos. The equalizer also has a 3rd arm in 56. Still a beautiful setup, hold on to those bellhousings. I was doing some research and the 56 3 speed was the same as the Pontiac 3 speed, the only difference was a lack of a torque tube. Someone could swap to open drive with one of those bellhousings if they found the right Pontiac 3 speed.

Sharpe eyed young folks! You are correct King Bee! However Lamar has backup, cuz if he needs the rest of the stuff to make it work for 56( floor hung pedals, floor plate, correct linkage, etc) he knows where he can get them more than reasonable! Like I said, Troublemaker! I resemble that remark! Don't forget the fine spline torque ball! Shoot, almost forgot 56 Sp/Cent stick column! Hmmm, Temptation, the only thing I can't resist! One issue with 56 is I think I read standard trans from factory only Spec. Model. Super would halfta be modified. Lord help us, not that! Prolley column length would need adjusting. 

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

and this tranny is an inch or so shorter than the 56, don't forget that bit of vital infomation

Oh well, just dropped in to say it has gone to eBay.            http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-1954-1955-BUICK-3-SPEED-TRANSMISSION-w-Ansen-Posi-Shift-for-322-Nailhead-/162281839537?hash=item25c8c05bb1:g:sJYAAOSwiONYKzit