WTB Front Shocks for early series 1931 ChryslerCD8

Looking for a pair of restorable front shocks for early series Chrysler CD8. Pictured is a later series shock showing holes at 4" center. This type mounted further to the rear, opposite front engine mount. Shocks for my car mount in forward location shown on chassis diagram, and have holes at 3"CC. I don't have a part# or other means of describing them, not sure if single or double acting, I note Dodge and Plymouth of period used shocks with 3"CC. If anyone can give me a specific Delco/Lovejoy number or Chrysler part# please do.

CD8 1st series chassis 001.jpg

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4352.JPG

I've decided to use the 4" shocks I have as pictured above, will just have to change mounting location to rear of fender brace. Chrysler built 3 series of CD8's in 1930/31, and freely changed components for each one! As far as I know, the shocks I have were used on the CD* (Deluxe) Model, the last of the 3 series, and which had a wide array of differences from the 1st/2nd series, making parts searching very difficult. Even the pre '34 Parts list does not have a listing for CD8 shocks? at least not that I found. Cheers. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Marv for your advice over the phone, a great source of info on parts that are likely hard to find even with proper #'s. You indicated early series CD8's used Delco front shocks with end caps stamped #1630E/1630F for front R&L, with a 9" link #44528. Rear shocks were stamped 1635B/1635A for R&L with 7" link # 44441. While I am planning for now to go with the 4" CD8 shocks I have (per photo above), if anyone has a good set of the 3" shocks c/w links as per #'s listed here, please let me know.