What is this?

Guest oldsprinter

Guest oldsprinter

Can anyone please identify anything in this photo that would determine what truck this is?  Picture is 1926 and it is all I have.  My next project if I can positively identify it and find one to start with.  It was my grandfather's Dodge dealership so my first guess is Dodge but I need something to give me so confidence in that assumption.  Could be Chevy although that would be unusual for a Dodge dealership.  Does anyone have a clue one way or the other?truck1.jpg 

In Breckenridge, Texas? Is this the place?

http://www.mccathren.com/motor-sports/

McCathren Motor Company began when Mac purchased Frost Motors, in Breckenridge, Texas, in June of 1923 and thereby became the Dodge Agency for the area. The name was changed to McCathren Motor Company January 1, 1925. Mac is quoted in an article in the Breckenridge Daily American, “The same business like methods and fair dealings, as well as efficient and prompt service will be continued. We believe in an all-the-year round spirit of Christmas - friendliness, good will, and efficient, prompt and unselfish service to all.” The location continued to be located at the old “stand” at 309-11-13 West Walker, at the corner of McAmis street. Mac lived by these values and the showroom was the venue of many community activities and philanthropic fund raisers. 

In August, 1925, McCathren Motor Company let a contract for a “big brick garage” to J.S. Murphy of Mineral Wells. The 15,000 square foot facility was built across McAmis street at the Southeast corner of Walker and McAmis. Total cost was $26,779. The newspaper reported than new and additional equipment for the service of Dodge cars and Graham trucks was installed. 

A newspaper ad from July of 1926 lists a new Dodge touring car for $917.50, a Coupe for $963.00, a Roadster for $911.50, and a Sedan for $1,027.50. In comparison, a 1926 Model T touring car sold for $290.00.

Through out the early years, the McCathren Motor Company showroom continued to be a hub of civic activity, hosting events and bazaars for groups such as the Junior Class and the First Christian Church.

By 1929, McCathren Motor Company had added Plymouth to its lines. In April of 1929, the company was sold to L. E. Seaman and Henry Seaman of Mineral Wells who continued with Dodge and Plymouth.

Guest oldsprinter

Yes, mike6024,  that is the place and the race car is only days away from final assembly and startup.  I didn't intend to develop a "grandfather's vehicle" fetish but I couldn't resist the race car and accidentally stumbled upon HIS 1918 Dodge Touring only 3 miles from my house.  So, the truck would complete the set.   I wasn't very serious about the race car until a friend who was researching racing history sent me race results where the McCathren Special won a race in which were entered a Laurel, 4 Fronty's, 3 Millers, and a Duesenberg driven by factory driver Eddie Hearne who had 5 top ten Indy finishes including a second, third, and a fourth.