How cool is this

Guest rameses32

Guest rameses32

Came home to this sitting on my driveway yesterday.  Some random dude dropped it off, he said he had heard i owned an old Dodge and thought i might have a use for it, he didnt want it to go to waste. Made my day, love suprise Dodge parts:)

20161001_165759.jpg

My guess is that it is a Midland Steeldraulic rear axle and drums from a Fast Four (Series 128 or 129) (four-wheel mechanical brakes), because the Senior Six had hydraulic brakes.  Please advise if you disagree, since I have no personal experience with the Steeldraulic setup. 

Guest rameses32

External band brakes, internal drum brakes, the shape of the brake drums tells me it had steel disc wheels, the brake pedal and bracket lead me to believe it is from a 1927 Dodge, but I could be wrong. And the bumper brackets are a major bonus:)

Edited by rameses32 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

It is a 1926, possibly late 1925. No cables, just bent up rods. Virtually the same as 24 and early 25 except the rear centering adjusters are hanging down at an angle and the earlier ones went straight back. Housings changed a little in 1927, then later in 27 they got splined drive shafts instead of square.

The pedals are from something else.

Edited by dwollam (see edit history)