1913 - 1915 Stevens Duryea Parts & Literature

The red runabout is a 1908 Staver Chicago. No connection with Stevens Duryea. That particular car is a one off prototype that is unlike any of the production Stavers.  There is quite a bit of information about it on the net.  It's a transition between Staver's  original high wheeler automobile and their later "standard type" automobiles. It was origionally built with buggy type solid tires , and was converted to conventional tires during its last restoration.

Greg in Canada

• 3 months later...

Still looking for drive train and body parts for a 1915 Stevens-Duryea (left hand drive) in particular:

1. Engine - fan mounting bracket, belly (oil) pan, distributor

2. Cowl lights and taillights (unique to the 1915 model)

3. Top bows

4. Robe and foot rails

5. Spare tire side mount brackets

6. Warner Auto-Meter 100mph speedometer, Bosch battery-coil switch, and air regulator (choke lever) for dash

7. Rear seat cushions

Also, any literature on the 1915 D-Six model including shop manuals, advertising pieces, etc.

Leads appreciated!

Thanks,

David

704-564-5468

The Gray 1913 Stevens Duryea was owned by for over 20 years by local AACA member in Dayton, Ohio who pasted away a few years ago and sold by his widow last year by RM. It was toured all over the country with Snappers, HCCA and AACA. Great car once you figure out the progressive tranny. Sort of kicking myself for not buying it.  Their are a few others around the country like that one in Northern Ohio, Michigan and Canada. David, you may want to check in the HCCA member directory for other Stevens owners that may be the best source of info. It is a small group but they know each other.

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio 

• 2 years later...

I am seeking any technical info I can find on a 1909 Stevens Duryea. It belongs to a museum and they would like to get it running. I am experienced at cars of this vintage, but don't like to tackle it until I understand it. Apparently, it was originally a limo, but converted to a roadster in the 40's. I am particualrly interested in info on the fuel system and electrical system. I appreciate any replies.

• 3 months later...

That's great to hear.  I was hoping they would out-climb a model T as the engine size is quite reasonable for the size of the car.  I have always liked the look of them, and the factory was not far from here.

Let me know if you know of any that are looking for a new home, condition not important but complete is always better.