HAVE YOU SEEN ONE?

Xander Wildeisen

I am just posting this so you can see a model of a Terraplane a lot of people have not seen. I know it is a street rod. (please do not shoot) This is a 1937 Hudson Terraplane model 70 Utility Coupe. They came from the factory with a pull out truck bed in the trunk. The only difference from the outside of the model 70 is the commercial series hood ornament, painted cowl vent trim, painted windshield division bar and the gas cap comes out of the fender instead of the body. That is done so the gas filler pipe can run under the truck bed. Taking pictures to sell the car for my father. Just though you might like to see this model of a Terraplane.  

more 1937 hudson shots 098.JPG

more 1937 hudson shots 087.JPG

more 1937 hudson shots 084.JPG

more 1937 hudson shots 040.JPG

more 1937 hudson shots 049.JPG

• Like 2

There was also an aftermarket pull out truck bed available for different models. They were aimed at the salesman who traveled around the country carrying their goods. The Terraplane is beautiful, street rod or not. I don't know about no front and rear bumpers though, that grill looks too nice to ruin.

Curious, if you know, what was the amount of the roof chop that was done.   Most go way too far.  This one looks good.   Obviously a very high quality build.

I have a page for ALL  Terraplaniacs on Facebook, restored, custom, rod.    "Terraplane SEVEN"    Visitors and new members welcome.

I own/drive a '34 Terraplane.

Thanks.

The car is chopped two inches. My dad bought it in 1990, we pulled it off a old farm and then he started to build it. My dads first chop and second paint job. He did most of the car himself. Very nice build, car drives out  nice. Has a Buick 455 in it, lots of power, smooth shifting with a nice exhaust tone.(not loud)  It is on ebay for sale.    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Hudson-Terraplane-Utility-Coupe-Utility-Coupe-/182282970582?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2a70e965d6:g:miYAAOSwLF1X2y1D&item=182282970582

1937 hudson coupe 013.JPG

1937 hudson coupe 106.JPG

1937 hudson coupe 109.JPG

1937 hudson coupe 116.JPG

1937 hudson coupe 133.JPG

Obviously the one I saw wasn't of the same caliber.  Just a decent old car driver.  Probably a number 3 ish type car.  I agree this car is really tastefully done.  I like the the interior in general has a somewhat period look to it.  No ugly Weird Bucket or console combo.   The only real change I would do if it were mine would be to woodgrain the dash and moldings

• Like 1

• 1 month later...