Wanted 1 NOS Wire Wheel Cover

Riviera63

Hi,

I am looking to buy 1 1963, 1964 or 1965 Riviera NOS wire wheel cover. I need the 4/8 screw  configuration. I do not need the center medallion. I have 3 NOS on my car now with one very nice used cover. I am looking to complete the set and then shift the used cover to be my spare. If anyone has one they would like to sell or know of anyone I could contact that might have one please PM me. Thanks.

Bill

Wow....sounds like unobtanium.......good luck with your search......I just found the last four unobtanium nos parts I needed

to finish off my car a couple of days ago. The same guy had an NOS power antenna mast, NOS trunk flipper assembly, NOS rear factory green floor mats and NOS remote

rear view mirror for my car. I'd been searching for all of these parts for 3 and a half years and then BINGO! I'm sure your wheel cover is out there somewhere.....I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

That's what I thought and last year managed to find 3 of them at the ROA convention in St. Charles last year. That 4th one has to be out there. I figured my odds are better trying to find one than 4. Thanks for keeping on the look-out for me.

Bill

5 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Bill,

If the center medallion is unimportant will an NOS wheelcover for any model fit your needs?

Tom

Tom,

As long as it has the same depth/height as the Riviera wheel covers and looks the same as the Riviera covers, no I don't care. I had purchased an NOS cover last year and it was identical except for the depth/height of the wheel cover. It was not as tall.The part number was 552288. I have attached pictures that I took at that time. Thanks.

Bill

NOS Wheel Cover 001.JPGNOS Wheel Cover 002.JPGNOS Wheel Cover 003.JPG

OK Bill: I have a set, unused, in the original boxes.  Didn't really want to break them up though.  BTW, why unused? There are still lots of cherry good used ones floating around. 

BTW, no such thing as New Old Stock.  It ain't new because it was made 50 years ago.  Father Time casts his giant shadow on everything and everyone.  Mitch

38 minutes ago, lrlforfun said:

OK Bill: I have a set, unused, in the original boxes.  Didn't really want to break them up though.  BTW, why unused? There are still lots of cherry good used ones floating around. 

BTW, no such thing as New Old Stock.  It ain't new because it was made 50 years ago.  Father Time casts his giant shadow on everything and everyone.  Mitch

Mitch,

I have 3 NOS on my car right now and just thought I would see if I could locate a 4th. My 4th is a very nice used which if I could find the 4th NOS would make a great spare to have just in case. I would not want to ask anyone to break up a set but, if you would do that I'd be interested. Thanks.

Bill

Bill,

If you're a member of the ROA, you should run an ad in the 'wanted' section of the classifieds.  There are hundreds of Riviera owners out there who belong to the club but are not part of this forum.  Running an ad would greatly expand your search.

Ed

If you're not a member, there's a link in my signature

I have used a "wanted" ad a couple of times and had good results. One for wheel covers for my '93, got some NOS covers for a very reasonable price. And another for parts for my '72 of which I received several replies. You might wait a bit and give that a chance when the next issue comes out, you never know what might come up. 

6 hours ago, Rivman said:

I have used a "wanted" ad a couple of times and had good results. One for wheel covers for my '93, got some NOS covers for a very reasonable price. And another for parts for my '72 of which I received several replies. You might wait a bit and give that a chance when the next issue comes out, you never know what might come up. 

I have also run wanted ads in the past. My ad won't run until the next issue. In the meantime I thought I would try the forum to increase my chances. Not everyone on the forum is a an ROA member and vice versa. If I find one before then I can always have Ray cancel the ad. If I don't, then I will let the ad do its magic. Thanks.

Bill