For Sale 1964 Buick Wildcat 4 Door Hardtop

Guest TomONRH

Guest TomONRH

I bought this car around November 2014 as a father/son project to pique my son's interest in obtaining his driver's license. The kid I bought it from (probably mid-to late 20's) was able to start it by putting a little gas in the carb and it stayed running as long as we poured fuel into the carb. We didn't run it very long because he informed me of a small leak at the water pump. Said he had put a new water pump gasket on it but it tore when installing, and if you know this 425 Nailhead, it is not easy to replace. Cash exchanged hands, a tow truck was called and it was dropped off in my driveway. With a freeze coming a few days later, I cleared my garage and pushed it in there where it sat until this past Fourth of July weekend when I reclaimed my garage so I could park my Harley in there more comfortably. Since the time that it was parked in my garage my son and I worked on it just a few times. We removed the radiator, fan, belts, pulleys, and water pump. It was there that I spotted the problem. Someone had used a woodscrew with a couple of "stopper nuts" in place of the proper bolt; hence the leak at the water pump. While removing the water pump, I also discovered a broken bolt. I have drilled that broken bolt out and have not done anything else since then. My plan was to remove the timing cover to check out any possible threading damage this may have caused, but that would entail removing brackets and the oil pan; none of which I want to do, and neither does my son. My thinking is that worst case scenario is to replace the timing cover and perhaps re-tap that bolt hole and rebuild the carburetor. Again, none of this I or my son now want do. Yes, there is some rust. Yes it has a few dings. Yes, it needs a paint job. And yes, it needs new carpet. But for the right person willing and able to do these things and to make sure the car is road safe, it would be a sweet Sunday cruiser or perhaps daily driver. I have done some basic research on these cars and from what I can tell, all the parts, trim, and pieces are there. I'm not looking to make a profit, just hopefully recoup what I paid for and the few parts that I have bought for it. I have a clear Texas title in my name. I am also willing to trade/barter for something my son could drive to and from school. The car is located in North Richland Hills, Texas under a car cover, under a shade tree. Please message me if interested at osenthomas@yahoo.com. Asking $3300 o.b.o.

100_1427.jpg

100_1433.jpg

100_1432.jpg

100_1428.jpg

IMAG0941 (2).jpg

100_1423.jpg

100_1422.jpg

100_1436.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

IMHO this is a rather desirable model as bucket seats were only available in the 4-dr hardtop for 2 years in the early `60`s. I have a `62 Olds 98 and `66 Wildcat 4-dr hardtops and they are great cruisers to take the family out for dinner, icecream, etc...very easy to enter and exit without flipping seats, etc...This car would be a great project but the car is so far from me it makes a purchase impractical. Maybe more info would complete a sale? Pics of the mentioned rust? Pics of the carpet issue mentioned? How about a pic of the undercarriage? I`m assuming the car is clean underneath being a Texas car? Any geographical history? Was the car originally white? Pics of under the hood and the trunk compartment? Someone please save this car!

Tom Mooney

Guest TomONRH

These are pretty much all the photos that I have taken. I have included all of the negative aspects of the car that I could find. I have also included many of the positives. The only bad upholstery is the top of the rear seat. All the door bottom look the same as the single photo I have posted; near excellent condition. Also pictured is the broken bolt hole that I drilled out. I can email any, all, or more photos upon request. I will work with anyone needing to ship. I saved this car from a couple guys wanting to convert to a low rider. Now it is time for someone to save it from becoming a pile of rust in my driveway...Mesagge me through ACAA or text/call (Eight-one-seven)seven zero six-four seven eight five.

Thank you, Tom

rear bumber left side.jpg

rear bumper center.jpg

rear seat.jpg

rear window dash.jpg

trunk edge rust.jpg

trunk lid.jpg

under side of door.jpg

water pump.jpg

• 1 month later...

$2750 and it's yours. I'll help push it onto your trailer. Willing to trade, too! What do you have to trade that you don't need or aren't using? Tools, ATV, building material, Harley project bike (Sportster), electronics, jewelry, firearms? Save this car from the scrap yard crusher. Getting near that point....

OK Tom: Definitely an interesting car due to the fact that the finished product could be sharp. Black, saddle buckets and a/c.

A suggestion if I may. Put it on the ebay with no reserve. The market will tell you what it will pay.  I know it will sell for the right price. Unfortunately, I believe it's dramatically less than where you're at.  Good luck, Mitch.