1926 Generator

R W Burgess

WHICH 28 Chry 6???   Looks like 3 basic models; gens might be different.  A lot of endplates, among similar model gens, were interchangeable; if nothing turns up you might consider a sketch with some dimensions.

Have this on the Chry forum here. too??

From memory the generator was driven low on one side off the rear of the timing case.  I gave an engine that had been set up with a welding generator to a fellow with a car at Heyfield (about 70 miles away).  I'll check with someone from their local car club to see if there is anything traceable, and also enquire through the Vintage Drivers Club in Melbourne.   If I can borrow one I will fabricate and machine one from mild steel for you  Zero cost to you , of course)   A few years ago I made a small number of starter end plate/brush holders for the 20s 4 cyl T head Stutzs.   Originals were diecast from contaminated zinc that had crumbled.   The first one completed I feighted off to Bill Greer of the Stutz club, whose late Bearcat was immobile.   Same price, of course.  Philosophy is that if someone cannot just do something to help people like you or Bill Greer, this world is not as good a place as it should be.

• Like 2

Hi Wayne,

It has taken me a while to find the info. When at Hershey in 2014  I met Brandon Cheek who makes parts for 27 Chrysler, in his list of parts, they make a generator brush end, hopefully this is what you are seeking. His email is deeprivercustomframe@embarqmail.com

Hope this is what you are looking for, if not please come back to me. Best regards

Viv.

Wayne,

Check with Jason at

Advanced Electrical Rebuilders

866-228-0218

jason@aerrebuild.com

16574 S. Bauer Rd

Grand Ledge, MI 48837