Grill Guard Mount on 31 Buick. Help or Suggestions

midman

I'm trying to get the old girl ready to take to Allentown but I'm running out of time.

Anyway I bought a grill guard (I know a matter of taste but I like them) a couple of years ago and I cannot for the life of me figure out how it would mount. It came with brackets, but besides the brackets being gold and not chrome plated I do not see how you would use them. The guard itself has no flanges, mounting holes, brackets, nothing. Any ideas or experience to share would be greatly appreciated. The guard itself is sized perfectly.

Thanks.

Chuck

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I am the one that  bought pete phillips.. My car is a 50 series and in pics it looked like the right one but it is not. it has u shaped brackets on top that fit under the radiator shell. and I believe it uses the crank cover to hold the bottom end. I have found a guy who can build me a stone guard for my car. He will use the one I got from pete as a guide and my radiator shell to fit it. The one I got from Pete looks to probably be period correct. as it is flat metal strips that make the mesh instead of round wire mesh. It will be for sale when I get a new one built.