Front engine mounts for 1939 Roadmaster

BuickBob49

I am looking for cores for the front engine mounts for my 1939 Roadmaster. Both Bob's and Steele need my cores to revulcanize.  It takes at least three weeks and I can't send mine in and then occupy my mechanic's lift with my car for that long.  Does anyone have some good cores that I could buy and send to Steele for revulcanization?

The 1939 shop manual says that the front mounts for all 1939 Buicks are the same except that the rubber on those for the 80 and 90 series is denser.  Is that so?  Would mount cores for smaller series work for larger series cars?

My mechanic tells me that the part numbers for front and rear mounts for my car are 1310600 and 1310602. I'm not sure which are the front mounts.

I am also looking for a pair of front 1939 series 40 248ci engine mounts suitable for rebulding

Currently have blocks of wood to temporary hold the engine in the correct place.

I gave/lent mine to another '39 owner, but his were not genuine '39 mounts. Just some else made to fit. So cannot be used.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

I haven't looked in the parts book, but in my experience I think they are all the same.  I do have cores here, if I can find them.  And, really, I think the only difference between 1939 and 1940 is that the '39 has two holes in the ear, and the 1940 has one hole. Bob's Automobilia or Steele can remake them if you have the cores.  Since I still have some of these NOS I would be willing to sell the cores, again, if I can find them.

Dynaflash8,

I would be interested in two front engine mount cores for my 39 Roadmaster. This is David Corbin's car and I'd like to cruise with it at highway speeds without bad vibrations.  My name includes "49" because my other Buick is an unrestored '49 Super 51 that I've owned for 38 years--my first car.

Thanks.

BuickBob49