Fuel Pump I.D. Help Needed and For Sale

Brian_Heil

From this site: http://www.buickfarm.net/index.php?option=com_redshop&view=product&pid=6670&cid=7&Itemid=117

I find this reference for that part number...

Product Number: 1523529
FUEL PUMP; DUAL ACTION - REMANUFACTURED (#1537337)-CORE REQUIRED

1940; SPECIAL & SUPER (LATE)

1941-1951; SPECIAL & SUPER

Brian: 1940 Ser. 40-50 after eng #44034048 on 40 Ser. 54034048 on 50 Ser.  1941thru1951 all 40 and 50 Series. Buick changed the pump to crankcase mounting bolts from 5/16 to 3/8 inch per the Parts Book and Service Bulletins 

• 1 month later...

Box from the 60's??  I certainly wouldn't want to carry that as a spare. I would get it rebuilt with a modern Kit. Chances are the old diaphragm would go on the first stroke. I bought a NOS one and sent it to Ray Seigle in Ohio. I'm sure he was glad to see a brand new casting. Ten or fifteen years later it needed rebuilt and even though he was retired and out of business he honored his lifetime warranty. He had a health problem (vertigo) and was unable to do the job for a few weeks so I bought a rebuild from Bob's. Now I have a spare. I got caught in the rain a few weeks ago and wonder of wonders, the Bob's pump is the first one I have had on my 1940 Super in the 47 years I have owned it than runs the wipers well, no slowing or stopping on acceleration!  (My wiper motor was NOS when I bought it, I had Rob Ficken rebuild it before installing it, I understand he doesn't do it any more.)