55' Buick Special Trunk Weather Stripping

JohnnyKu

I'm replacing the trunk rubber on my 55' Special.  I'm not sure which is the correct direction to lay it down and glue it.  (Glues to trunk lid)

I believe that 54', 55' and 56' Special's and Century's are the same.  The problem is that the old weather stripping that was on my car was wrong.  It was a universal piece that did not fit well and was a mess so I had nothing to go by.  Purchased correct rubber from Steele Rubber but it didn't come with any instructions. Been waiting for them to get back to me...(so far the folks I've talked to had no idea)

Here are a few pics with a 1 inch piece i cut off the rope - maybe it will help explain my dilemma.

Thanks!  JK

IMG_5294.JPG

IMG_5295.JPG

IMG_5296.JPG

3dba562a847bdc05d0f705edea98.jpg

I'm guessing someone will chime in on the correct way to install it. If not I'll check my cars later and report. As an aside be sure to wash and rinse the strip in hot soapy water to get rid of any residual mold release agent. I'm not sure which of my cars but for one of them the strip was about a foot short. Steele took back the short one and sent one a foot longer. Be a good Idea to check first.................Bob

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:09 PM, MrEarl said:

JohnnyKu, not that there aren't many knowledgeable Buick folks here in the AACA Tech forum such as the Bhigdog, but you may also want to drop down in the Buick Forums, introduce yourself and post your tech questions in the Post War forum there.

http://forums.aaca.org/forum/2-buick-clubs/

You're assuming he'll come back with a "thank you, Bob, for  taking the time to walk to the shop and post the replies"........................Bob

30 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

They ALWAYS do don't they. :rolleyes::)  I'm thinking this one will though. B)

Every time I get stiffed I think "the next guy asking for help can go **** themselves", but then I always come back for more. Go figure...................Bob