Not mine Roadmaster

NC-car-guy

https://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/5551130982.html

Ad text:  " THIS IS DOWN IN THE WOODS BELOW MY SISTER-IN-LAWS HOUSE. IT HAS "STRAIGHT EIGHT" ON THE REAR AND IS A TWO-DOOR, 1951-53 BUICK ROADMASTER COUPE. EXTREMELY RARE. ROUGH SHAPE, SHOT UP, BUT RARE--A REAL PROJECT TO FIX UP, BUT WORTH A MINT IF IT'S DONE RIGHT. MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER, AND NO LOW BALLS, PLEASE. I'M NOT SURE IF IT'S A 51, 52, OR 53. . ..

TO AVOID SPAM, PLEASE WRITE "IT'S ABOUT THE BUICK". "

Not mine, know nothing about it.  I think it makes for interesting photos, but not convinced it's worth saving, or even pulling out of the woods.

buick pile.jpg

14 minutes ago, jscheib said:

I think they need a bigger weapon to "put it out of misery", once and for all.  Doubt a scrap dealer would want to haul it out..  Just my opinion.

John

Scrap in my area is a penny a pound, you deliver it yourself, and its a 1,000 lb minimum at most places to get a pay out at all....This will make a cool photo shoot where it sits, but I can't imagine anything else.

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

Unfortunately television has given too many people the idea that ALL their junk is worth a mint. I HATE when people reference one just like what their selling was on (some TV fix up show) and they sold it for xxxx thousands.  Hollywood money and drama can sell anything, but I ain't buying.   I get upset because I've personally had a painful encounter with an individual cleaning up an old junk yard.  He was scrapping everything, but I saw a truck in the pile with a part for an international truck I had. I stopped in and talked for a long time, he seemed reasonable enough so I offered $600 for the whole truck or $250 for the part... being generous. He said he wanted $600 for just that part. I told him no and he got angry and put the whole truck in his crusher. :angry::wacko:  I felt sick!  Point being that a lot of us lose out on great parts because some people would rather let stuff rot, then sell it at a reasonable price.  Sorry, rant over!

Wow!  When he wrote no low balls please, who did he think he'd have left to sell to?

I usually consider it "just business" and forget about it. This one is kinda over the top.

Scrap price locally is about 25\ton give or take, so I spose no locals want to mess with

that dead loss situation. Just hafta remember "One man's treasure, etc etc!"

With scrappage about 60.00 in this case, I don't think it would cover fuel cost to haul even if it was easy.

Good Luck with that sale! Lots of mechanical stuff maybe, but without a hot wrench you'd could spend days 

Retrieving rusty stuff off that one in unwrenching it!