WTB 1949 Buick 56C RADIO

Guest MrsHutch

Guest MrsHutch

In need of a 1949 Buick 56C Super Conv RADIO Does anyone have one? I would greatly appreciate any help at all on the 1949

Thank you

MrsHutch,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have edited your post title to make it more likely that someone who can help you sees it. I don't think I have the radio that you are looking for but I do have a couple of unknown radios in the garage. Do you have a photo of what the correct radio looks like so anybody like me that has some unknown radios might be able to see if we have what you are looking for?

Guest MrsHutch

This is not my radio but a picture of the one I'm looking for. So if you know of anyone that has a 1949 Buick Super Radio it would be greatly appreciated.

Guest MrsHutch

Larry Hello

I thank you so very much, but the Roadmaster and the Super have a different pattern, he dials on a 1949 Super  are higher up then the radio. I Thank you so very much for taking the time to send these pictures. Greatly appreciated.

Nancy

Hi MrsHutch,  I do not know where you live, but you may ,even just for the information, a Canadian who has tons of radios, all kinds. even a Grand Father Clock radio 6 feet high tube radio. He is the Buick  Club  and Buick Radio parts dealer Rep in Canada.

His name is Harold Macqueen , 95 Alice Street, Brighton, Ontario K0K 1H0. Phone # 613 475 4257  Cheers and good luck.

Harry

MrsHutch,

I would like to clear up something regarding the radios for 1949 Buicks. In 1949, the Roadmaster (Series70) and Super (Series 50) had a completely new body style and shared the same dashboard. The same radio will fit both the Super and Roadmaster. The Special (Series 40) cars used an older body style that dated back to 1942 and they had a completely different dashboard and radio. The radio you are being offered here should be the correct one. You can tell for sure if the seller will post a picture of the front of the chrome radio speaker grill. Hope this helps.

Mike :

That is what I thought. I have a 49 owners manual and it shows the Special series with the speaker above the radio and Super /Roadmaster speaker below.

Here is the photo you suggested. Oh, that is not a crack in the 2 center bars it is a reflection of a wire overhead. 

Larry

DSCF4831.JPG