Selling my cars dodge 1923 model t 1919 holesman 1904

Guest Gary turbo baker

It may be an advantage as well.  I've sold cars to guys overseas more than once.  One was England the other was Sweden.  Sometimes they bring more over their because they are already in the country and are rarer than here in the states.  While alot of countries are't really pleased with the states,  Europe does seem to have a nostalgia for vintage Americana.  I ship quite alot to Europe from advertising to all kinds of Parts. 

I guess we never got around to really answering your question.  I have little experience with value in anything pre 1930.  So if say these cars were in the USA what would their value be?  Maybe that will give you a starting point and someone else with a better idea on value will chime in on that. 

In the states I would think the Dodge would be worth around 8,000-12,000.   It all depends on how it runs,  how the tires are etc.  Basically how much work it needs to be a good driveable car even less if it'

s not running or driving as well as how good the body is. Not enough info on the T to give a value  (what body configuration and again what condition is the drivetrain. )  The Holesman I don't even have a guess.   Way out of my area of specialty. 

Those are my wild guesses.

Your location will be a detriment because of transport costs. Wayne

I suspect they would have higher value in UK and the rest of Europe.

Best thing to do is give the Holsman some prominence by entering it in the Brighton Run since its old enough to qualify, and then put it on the market. 

Craig

I am not enough of an expert on this, but I would have some doubt about the Holsman qualifying for the London to Brighton Run. The British VMCC is much more strict than the USA automobile clubs, and require very strict vehicle dating. Holsman is one of the very few USA built high-wheeler automobiles that was manufactured early enough to maybe qualify for VMCC dating. Most high-wheel type cars built in the USA did not begin production until after the January '05 requirement  of the VMCC. Most high-wheel cars in the USA were built to be sold in out country areas where roads were few, and usually in very poor condition. Their high wheels made them a bit more practical for the farmers in those areas, and also appealed to them by resembling the horse-drawn carriages that they were used to. While Holsman did begin production about 1902, most of the survivors are between 1906 and 1909 built cars.

Dozens of companies built high-wheel cars between 1907 and 1912. Their low price, coupled with their practicality, helped their sales. But improving road conditions, along with the popularity of Ford's model T cut into the high-wheel automobile market. Holsman was one of only a few high-wheel cars manufactured in any sort of large numbers that was built early enough to qualify for the London to Brighton Run. You would need to check with the VMCC to have the car properly dated and accepted. Acceptance by them would add somewhat to the value of the car.

Regardless, the Holsman is a very interesting car, as well as an unusual body style. I wish I could be in the market for one. More pictures of it would be nice to see however.

W2

Guest Gary turbo baker

We have sent info for London Brighton run , as we have sales brochures for car dated 1904 for  exact model so are hopeful  and other evidence. Will post photos of holsman with roof on funny roof with black tassels.

• 2 weeks later...

The cars are certainly worth more in the UK than in the USA.   When I lived in Scotland years ago there was a big following for American built cars.  Believe there are specialty clubs that you might try to contact also.  I know there is an active and enthusiastic Model T club there so would expect properly valuing and finding new homes for these would not be difficult.  The Holsman does look early but I'm not an expert.  I knew of a collector in Glasgow, Jack Bradley, who imported a Holsman years ago.  Not sure what ever became of that one.

Terry