1918 DB Touring tires

Willy

Ask your tyre supplier as they will want to sell you the right size.  The standard tyre size for the Dodges of this era is 33 x 4.  33 - 8 = 25 so check the diameter of the rim and see if it is 25".  Maybe try to borrow a used 33 x 4 and see if it fits. 

My '17 DB winter touring was parked in 1937 for inability to source replacement tires and never turned a wheel until I pulled it out of storage in 2013 still needing tires.  Dodge Bros. club members were very helpful educating me on how to measure the wheels, find two split rims (two had rusted badly) and understand tire sizing.   I purchased Lester tires, tubes, flaps and hardware from Lucas Tire, Long Beach, CA, who where also very helpful over the phone.  Borrowed a rim spreader from local Model T Ford enthusiasts and did the remove and replace myself.  Tires purchased 33 x 4.  These were the 25" wheels with 7 perimeter lugs.

• 4 weeks later...

Is the "rim" the metal portion attached to the wood rim, which holds the spokes? If so, mine measures 24 1/4".  Or is there another rim that fits over it? It seems like a piece is missing - does anybody have a photo of just the complete rim that would fit a 1918, just before putting on the tire?

CIMG2265.JPG