Unusual old Bijur lube tin can find

TerryB

Found this tin can at an antique shop last weekend. Given the low price I paid for it I'm sure the seller did not know it was auto related. It's still full! I have heard of Bijur automobile lube systems but never have seen a can like this in any of my travels. Who knows, maybe the contents are still good!

Terry

post-130325-0-10222700-1456951173_thumb.post-130325-0-63863100-1456951190_thumb.post-130325-0-32914400-1456951207_thumb.

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

Looks like it is used for industrial and automotive applications. My Bridgeport has the system installed on it.

• Like 1

That can is a replaceable grease cartridge which fitted under the hood of certain vehicles that had the Bijur automatic lubrication system where one held in a button on the dash momentarily every few thousand miles and it automatically greased the linkages on the steering and front suspension components. 

I believe Lincoln used it, as well as Franklin.  Others can chime which automakers all used the Bijur lubrication system.

Craig

My Bridport Milling Machine also has one. It is a 1969 model. Your can is definitely older that that. Cool find. Dandy Dave!

Looks like it is used for industrial and automotive applications. My Bridgeport has the system installed on it.