1927 Pierce Arrow Model 36 Limo

Hupp36

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I  have a  new, used shift  lever  and  will put  in in the  car  before  it is  stored  for the  winter. I  want  1  more  ride before  I  put  it in  storage. Like  my  friend  Dale  used  to  say, ITS a HOOT  to  Drive.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got  the  shift lever back in the  car and  took  my  wife,  son  and  daughter in  law for  a  ride. The  car  ran  great, went about  15 miles as  I  have  not  fixed  the  speedometer yet not sure  just  how  far.  Got home, shut  the  gas tank  valve off. Ran the  gas out until the engine died so  the  carb was empty. Drained the  gas tank, removed  the 2  tank plugs and  cleaned  the  filter  screens. Removed the    battery and  checked the  antifreeze. Good  for 35 deg. below zero.  Got  in  the  modern mini van  and  headed  South. 

• 4 months later...

Well in  about   4  weeks I  will be  back up  north. Its  been a long  winter  and  I  can  take  the  Pierce out  for  a ride.

When  my  good  friend  Dale  was  with  us,  he  said  to me, you  do  not have to  bring  an antique car  to  Florida as  I  have  5 

cars and  you  can  take  any  car  you  would like to any time  you  want. I  look  forward to  getting more  trophy's  for  Dale, He 

enjoyed owning cars that  were  trophy  winners. I  just  wish he  was  still here so  I  could  hand  them  to  him in person.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well Tuesday is the  day the  Pierce comes  out of  storage, I  will  be  glad  that the  Good  Lord  has  keep me  around  to  drive  it. I will spend  a few  hours  servicing  it  be fore I  get it  out on the  road. A ride  around  Newfound lake  and to  the  104  dinner will be in  order.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hupp36 said:

Well Tuesday is the  day the  Pierce comes  out of  storage, I  will  be  glad  that the  Good  Lord  has  keep me  around  to  drive  it. I will spend  a few  hours  servicing  it  be fore I  get it  out on the  road. A ride  around  Newfound lake  and to  the  104  dinner will be in  order.

Chuck, did the guy that bought your roadster project every make any progress?

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

Chuck, did the guy that bought your roadster project every make any progress?

Yes  Mike has done  a lot of  work on the  car, I  will check  with  him to  see if  he  has it  finished.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see on another site that this car is now for sale, and at what I'd consider a very reasonable price for what I see in the pictures.

A younger me with a job would probably jump on it, a retired me on a "Fixed" income (wonder who's going to fix it?) just sighs and thinks, wow, nice car.....

• Like 1