Classic Car Search - online

Uncle_Buck

Is there not an all-inclusive - on-line search engine/technique/method, sometimes called a 'mash' to search as much as possible the World Wide Web for a classic car in one easy swipe ? 

For example, say I was looking for a Ford Galaxie 7-Litre from 1966.  Sure I can GOOGLE just that and find pictures, articles, tidbits and if lucky, a car or two for sale.  Usually, one must pick through the cars for sale carefully, as most of the listings are from years ago or the car has been sold.  GOOGLE sorts its entries by using some dark science coupled with a sorcerer, so that the dream car you may be looking for may possibly be on page 7, for whatever reasons (?) and you gave up on page 4 - because of all the false leads.  Frustrating ... !!  Then there is Ebay, we have all been there, they do have a fair percentage of classic cars on any given day - but not all of them by any means.  And of course, there are classic car dealers - a lot of classic car dealers !! 

Maybe somebody has the answer, so I throw it out to my fellow car collector forum followers. 

My apologies if this topic is covered in the forums previously.

Me thinks you are chasing a non-existent creature.

You can try to focus a google search by adding the phrase price to the year, make and model to your search terms.

1962 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 price yields 26,500 results vs. 52,500 without the word price.

claz.org  is useful as well.  I think you will have to check several sites and keep them as tabs or favorites,  then check them atleast daily.  A good car will sell within a couole of days or even hours so you have ot be ready to move and look everywhere.  You can now also search Craigslist and keep enlarging your search area by adding more regions.   It was real handy when i was looking for an excavator.

I know when I was looking for my 60 Corvette,  I searched every site I could think of and actually found it on Oldride.com 

If you have some spare time and the desire to try something new sign up for a free IFTTT ( if this then that ) account. This is a service that allows you to automate hundreds of web related actions. I used this service to create one aggregated search of about a dozen different sources (ebay, Craig's, Google, etc.) which before I checked individually several times each day for vintage cars. Now the ifttt service continually searches these sites and sends a push notification to my phone when it finds a hit to my search ( it can send emails, texts, etc also ). I rarely check ebay, Craig's, etc anymore but just rely on the alerts I get instead. And many times the alerts allow me to find out about new listings within minutes of them being listed on the web.

Takes a little time to get the hang of setting up the 'recipe' but as long as you don't get frustrated with the process you can setup some amazing web automation.