FS 1921 Buick Model 44 Roadster

tblack

Last of my Buicks, 1921 Model 44 Roadster, nice car runs great  has given me lots of fun $18K firm and with it goes all of the last of my buick parts. Tons of Parts. I'm advertising locally as well so If you want 1 nice car to do your thing this is it.

post-96524-0-43238400-1452448598_thumb.j

post-96524-0-20635100-1452448621_thumb.j

post-96524-0-69158800-1452448691_thumb.j

Sad to see you selling the last of all the nice Buicks you had. I know that once the downsizing begins many treasures need to go. Hope you will continue to comment on the Buick Forum as your experience has been of great value to me as well as others. I still wish I had taken advantage of the 1923 Model 49 you offered. But I probably have less space here than what you have downsized to. So if one car comes in, one must go. Also since I got "the diver Buick"

in 2011 what ever spare parts that were needed do accumulate. We as always, wish these cars to go to a "Buick loving home" to be cared for and enjoyed as you did.

Larry ...thanks for the kind words....Amongst the tons of Parts I think there are 2 Starter Generators that fit your 1925. This would look good  in your garage and I believe it originally came from your state of Pa.

If it does not sell I'll enjoy it another year.  I sold the 1923 model 49 locally so I see it often when the new owner is out riding.

• 3 weeks later...

New Price $17500...but I will entertain price offers without the parts.  I have had interest locally but those offering were not interested in the parts their offers were a bit light and there intentions (hot rodders I think) were not keeping it stock.  If not sold by 3/1/2016 I'm pulling it off the market and enjoying it another year.

Edited by tblack (see edit history)

Tom, I think this would look good in Larry's garage!

That's Larry as in Posting #2.

Post-1915 cars, up to the late 1920's, have much less 

of a following these days.  That's regrettable, but don't feel

bad if buyers don't flock to it by the artificial March 1 deadline.

I hope any buyer will not only appreciate it, but keep it in good

running order and not let it languish as a stationary object.

Have you considered listing it on the Horseless Carriage Club

website, www.hcca.org?  Your car will get a lot of exposure

there, as cars through the 1920's have their most dedicated 

followers on that website.  Also, www.prewarcar.com could be

useful.  All the best to you in your sale.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Trying to unite a car with a new owner here:

Larry, garages in our area can rent for $50 to $60 a month.

That might solve your storage problem!  Nice cars from the

early '20's don't come up for sale all that often--and they

aren't often seen at shows.  Imagine the local Buick show

with a nice 1921 gracing the show-field!

And Tom, I think you'll like the Horseless Carriage Club

for-sale web page.  The pictures on the website are large,

so the cars are very visible, and there are only

about three dozen cars for sale at a time.  So your car will be noticed!

In 2010, I was looking for an interesting pre-war car myself.

I found the car that is pictured with my name;  but being a Buick fan,

I think Tom's roadster could have filled the bill!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

That's a great looking roadster and seems to be priced very fair. I am sure it will find a new owner soon!

Thanks Rusty...but it wont go to the local guy that wants to "update" it with a nailhead!!

I sold my 23 Franklin to a guy years ago and it was too tall for his garage but said he wanted anyway.   I gave him his money back. These cars should stay as original as possible and not be left out in the elements.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Earl....sweet it is but not small as it is a model 44 6 cylinder.....I had a 22 Buick McLaughlin Roadster model 34 4 cylinder some years back and it was kind of tight.  Attached is an in progress picture of the 44 stripped down to appreaciate the overall size and a picture of the smaller model 34.  

The 44 is still on the market a couple of more weeks but then I will get out of winter mouthballs for another year.  I'll make it available again in the fall.  The model 34 is somewhere in europe the last I knew. 

post-96524-0-62181100-1456238955_thumb.j

post-96524-0-20537600-1456238983_thumb.j

post-96524-0-78069100-1456239073_thumb.j

We have reached the date... so off the market until fall...I'll get it out early this year virtualy no winter in the Northeast this year and enjoy it for another year.

Please keep us posted on when you take it out for a drive...WITH PICTURES. I have a small crush on this pretty baby.

"Please keep us posted on when you take it out for a drive...WITH PICTURES."

Yes maybe my wife can video a drive with her smart phone...that is beyond me as I am a tin can and string phone guy.

Pictures of some of the  buicks past on to their new owners

post-96524-0-66117200-1457018342_thumb.j

post-96524-0-51694000-1457018366_thumb.j

• 1 month later...

SOLD....I will be driving it up to new home in Plattsburg NY near the Canadian border.  New owner was a bit overwhelmed with the literal tons of  parts that went with it so when all is final and he is agreeable there should be lots of 21 and 22 parts available from him. That is the last of my Buicks been fun.