Circa 1931 Roadster to ID

Grandpa

John, any chance this could be a Desoto? Radiator shell just looks too rounded to be a Plymouth to me.

Howard Dennis

I originally thought DeSoto, but the flying lady radiator cap and the "PLYMOUTH" imprinted taillights are what I am going for.

Wasn't '32 a great year in automotive styling!  This car was obviously in the hands of a '30's car guy.  Those accessory balloon tire wheels and what appears to be an aluminum hood with modified side panel are impressive.  Wonder what was under that hood.
Could the top have been chopped?  It looks pretty low to me, and the rear window on it isn't the small style framed one that would likely have been on the car originally.  A very cool machine.

Chrysler products of this era had what appeared to be chopped tops from the factory. My very first antique car I owned in the 60's was a 1932 PB Plymouth 4 door. The center of the windshield was the span of my thumb to middle finger, roughly 8 inches.

Howard Dennis

The windshield doesn't have the divider bar that '32 DeSotos had, but it sure looks long and low for a Plymouth.  Maybe lowered a bit. Could be a hybrid, and look at those ribs on the running boards.  This would be a great one to find in a barn!

To my eye it DOES have the divider bar right in the center.

Howard Dennis