First gen interiors.

Guest Gseago

Clarks has three different styles of material for the headliner.  There are different colors offered depending on which style you order.   Samples from them are free (plus shipping)   Check their website or call them.   What color are you interested in??

I have Clark's catalog, I was just wondering if you could order a 1st gen with matching interior and headliner when you purchased your car new. I was asking because I noticed when discussing interiors the headliner was a different color depending on interior color and or year.

Edited by Gseago (see edit history)

The option book does not list a code for separate headliner choices.  Not all interior colors were used on the headliner depending on the color although most were..  In 65, a silver headliner was used with black interiors.  My two 64's had matching headliners (one blue and the other white) and in addition to what I mentioned above, my other two 65's had matching headliners (one saddle and the other dark green).  All had deluxe interiors so I am not sure if there were differences with standard interiors.

I installed a black Clark's headliner in my '64 to match the black seats. It was supposed to be silver. I did that around 1995. I don't have it judged and no one has said anything about it for 20 years.

Once they saw the vinyl top their heart palpitated and they were so urged to tell me the top was wrong ,they didn't notice.

Of course, I always just smiled because they completely overlooked the gold paint between the drip rail molding and the rear quarter window.

Whether you are parking on Main Street or going to a local car show always leave one glaring error so the unofficial aficionados can be dispatched with quickly.

Anyway, the factory mismatched headliners always looked weird to me.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

There's always a critic Bernie. I found it weird that they would do that and just wondered if you could order a matching headliner either from the factory or through your local dealership. Bye the way I'm going with an all black interior(including headliner) when I have the financings to start the restoration on my project'65.

The option book does not list a code for separate headliner choices.  Not all interior colors were used on the headliner depending on the color although most were..  In 65, a silver headliner was used with black interiors.  My two 64's had matching headliners (one blue and the other white) and in addition to what I mentioned above, my other two 65's had matching headliners (one saddle and the other dark green).  All had deluxe interiors so I am not sure if there were differences with standard interiors.

Pat are you sure about the dark green 65 headliner? The original headliner in my dark green interior 65 is a light mint green.

post-144191-0-12180900-1445260259_thumb.

Winston, I sold the car I am referencing back in the late 80"s.  My recollection is that it was darker but now you have me second guessing myself!  In an effort to avoid bad advice, I would like to withdraw the reference to the dark green interior.  It is also possible that someone changed it before my ownership as well.  The car was verde green originally but was painted white at some point in its life before I got it.  It also had a 425 out of a 64 in it as well so who knows?  The others that I mentioned I am sure of.  Thanks!