Supply and demand

NC-car-guy

It seems to me that most folks want Century parts. But not many folks have wagons.  That being said, the parts on these cars that might draw attention are in rough shape, and may be difficult to market.

Unless you were planning to fix one and get rid of the other,  in my opinion, I would clean them both the best I could and try to market both vehicles complete.  Meanwhile I would try to find parts to complete them, salvaging only those parts, and adjust the price to cover my time and efforts. 

• Like 1

Interesting idea.  My plan was to try to fix one and sell extra parts to fund fixing one.  I know the wagons are rarer. I only have the title to the Super.  Bob Coker has a roady parts car that I think I can get most of the parts I need for the super, but the wagon is just cool.  LOL   I'm torn, I cannot afford to restore 2.

Could I get away with titling a wagon under a sedan title? if I swapped the whole frame and the VIN plate, put the longer super nose on it....tah dah! the one and only buick super wagon...ha ha ha

Bob's wagon is also a 56, and i've mixed 55 and 56 parts before.... there's a LOT that doesn't fit!!!

Edited by wndsofchng06 (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

No, plus next to nothing is interchangeable between a Super & Century body wise. The value of a Century wagon is keeping it a Century wagon, any type of Frankencar wipes away any value that it may have

No, plus next to nothing is interchangeable between a Super & Century body wise. The value of a Century wagon is keeping it a Century wagon, any type of Frankencar wipes away any value that it may have

i know nothing is interchangeable  unfortunately the wagon has no value as it sits.  But this is all helpful.  I believe the best idea is build the super and part out the century.

Get a complete, titled, and running example of either and use these for parts.  You will never recoup the time and money  spent trying to resurrect those poor things.  That is unless you have a passion for one and/or are totally misguided like me:  

post-76058-0-62501400-1444148449_thumb.j

• Like 1

Get a complete, titled, and running example of either and use these for parts.  You will never recoup the time and money  spent trying to resurrect those poor things.  That is unless you have a passion for one and/or are totally misguided like me:  

that looks like a good start....