COMMON SCAM: If you receive a private message from a new member offering a part, make sure to thoroughly verify it. It’s your responsibility to ensure it’s not a scam. Report any suspicious users immediately. ×

'42 Buick Spare Tire Clamp/Hold Down Bracket

g-g-g0

Could some one please provide me with a picture of what the piece that holds the spare tire in place on a '42 model 46S looks like? Tire lays flat and the piece is located in the 7 to 8 o'clock position and has a bolt that goes through it that fastens to the floor and holds the tire in the corner of the trunk. I have some idea as to what it looks like but not sure. Also could use a part number and or inter changeability with other years.

Thanks for your help.

Gary

Thanks for the picture Barney. It may be the same bracket but definitely located differently in the '42.

Am going to try to take a picture today to show how it is positioned . Would be great if some one with parts books knowledge could tell me what "group" the part is in and then I could determine what years interchange.

Thanks,

Gary

Bingo!!! I believe that it is P/N 1293432.

Fits the following: 1936-61-66S-68-81; 1937-81-81F; 1941-44-44C-44S-46-46S-49--51C-56-56C-56S--66-66S-71C-76C-76S;

1942-44-44C-46-46S-46SSE-49--66S Also H1942-44C-46-46S--49-66S (Don't understand what the "H" prefix prior to 1942 stands for????)

1946-47-48-49-46S.

So now we have some idea knowledge of interchangeability. Now all I need is a picture of what this thing looks like or better yet some one that has a spare one for sale.

Thank you John for your input!!

Gary

Thanks guys for your input. The ones pictured for a '39 will not work as confirmed by the parts books. I did not get a picture taken today but will do it tomorrow. I think that the hole for the bolt should be more in the middle of the bracket. Will confirm tomorrow.

By the way John, love your coupe! I had a Special business coupe in 1957/1958 while in high school. It was a great car! Must say that I screwed it up by putting a '41 dual carb manifold on it. From that time on it ate # 8 pistons about as fast as you could put them in. Seemed to be a cooling issue.

Edited by g-g-g0 (see edit history)

Thanks guys for your input. The ones pictured for a '39 will not work as confirmed by the parts books. I did not get a picture taken today but will do it tomorrow. I think that the hole for the bolt should be more in the middle of the bracket. Will confirm tomorrow.

By the way John, love your coupe! I had a Special business coupe in 1957/1958 while in high school. It was a great car! Must say that I screwed it up by putting a '41 dual carb manifold on it. From that time on it ate # 8 pistons about as fast as you could put them in. Seemed to be a cooling issue.

Now I'm worried, I have what I believe to be a 53 block with a 41 dual intake set up on it. You think a cooling issue caused the problems with #8? Did it run hot?

So finally have a picture. All that I have is a Bolt (Correct One????) screwed into the floor.

Joe:Your 1948 46S should have the same bracket as a 1942 46S according to the parts book. When you get that paper hung maybe you could post a picture!

Plyroadking: That looks like it might be correct;

Thanks,

Gary

post-96232-0-73907900-1442509243_thumb.j

Edited by g-g-g0 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...