1951 Cad 75 Derham limo.. Needs prayers and your wallet

Guest LuxDriver

Guest LuxDriver

But rare and you can find it on Craigs in Philly. Decide yourself.. But someone should buy it store it inside and make a long project out of it.. Who knows who it was built for? Grace Kelly's family maybe??

Guest LuxDriver

Doing some research. This could be a Rockefeller car.. As a Derham it should be saved .. Ambitious restoration but a piece of history.. Check pics of cars related to the family by asking me for them.. Interior shot as is trunk floor.. Needs it all .

Interesting that it was found in Sleepy Hollow, NY.  My brother had such a car in the early 60's that we used for family vacations.  It was a 9 passenger Derham limo with blind rear quarters just like the one in Philly.  It came from the Bronx and was willed to a convent in Germantown, NY.  The last time I saw that car, I was traveling northbound on Interstate 87 in Clifton Park and saw the car in a dealer's lot with the windows down.  By the way, it was pouring cats and dogs....  I had to turn my head... I always wondered what happened to that car...

Frank

Ok 200,000   You have the wrong shop start it and the right shop finish it maybe 300,000.  Either way you will be completely buried in a car that would probably have a tough time bringing 50,000  if you could prove provenance at auction.. 

In my opinion not unique and desirable enough to mess with. 

Times have changed. You have to finish them now? I would have lost out on a lot of fun over the past half century if that had been the rule. I never really cared about finishing a car if I could sit in the garage and admire it's profile and lines until I passed it on to someone with rose colored glasses. One can always go out and buy an interesting car to drive. That nirvana arrived to me one night in 1984. Things have been pretty pleasurable ever since; kind of like being immune to the frenetic hobbyists and angst around me.

Lay out $4500, budget $2,000 a year, and enjoy all the privileges of ownership for a few years. Then dump it and move on.

One wife, lots of cars; just livin' on the cheap, so to speak.

Bernie

• Like 2