engine side pans foe 25x25

tonybuick

hi all

tryinpost-141931-0-63344900-1439612717_thumb.g to fit my side pans to the buick engine does the pan sit on top of the flange that the sump bolts to or under it if it sits on top then mine wont clear the flange that the starter gen bolts topost-141931-0-78575600-1439612945_thumb. if it goes under the flange do I need to bend the back edge of the pan down to fit under the flangepost-141931-0-45047800-1439613076_thumb. as mine is not bent a long the back edge and if it goes under the flange how is it attached to the engingepost-141931-0-24531500-1439613176_thumb.

does any body have some pictures thanks tony

Edited by tonybuick (see edit history)

hi leif thanks for that your pans look a we bit different to mine from what I can see it looks like the pan is cut away to clear the bottom of the starter gen 3 rd photo in I might just cut a bit out and make it the same to fit

are your pans open at the back  thanks tonypost-141931-0-17258900-1439630137_thumb.

Edited by tonybuick (see edit history)

post-121302-0-40532100-1439737778_thumb.post-121302-0-04016600-1439737812_thumb.post-121302-0-71725800-1439737839_thumb.Tony:

I know I don't have a right hand car but the placement for the starter generator should be the same as on Leif's and my LH 25-25. I had only the carb (left) side splash pan when I bought my car. I found a set on e-bay and I had them sand blasted and powder coated.. I have not had a chance to install them. And yes the pans do mount on top of the engine flange. I hope my photos help.

Best of luck :

Larry

hi all thanks for that its a bit hard to see but your pans look different to leifs his pan doesn't have the hollow under the carb it looks like it goes straight  though with a curved bottom yours seem to flatten out on the ends

and my pans look different to both of your pans

the reason I asked if any body had some right hand drive ones was to see if they are different I would never get to the tab were the screw holds it to the bell housing on the right hand side the steering box is in the way

I have fitted the right hand side one to my car I had to trim it a wee bit to clear the starter gen the left side looks like it will bolt straight on

I tapped the holes in the chassis to 5/16 unc so I can use bolts saves getting some else to hold the nuts and make it easer to get them off thanks tony 

hi all thanks for that its a bit hard to see but your pans look different to leifs his pan doesn't have the hollow under the carb it looks like it goes straight  though with a curved bottom yours seem to flatten out on the ends

and my pans look different to both of your pans

the reason I asked if any body had some right hand drive ones was to see if they are different I would never get to the tab were the screw holds it to the bell housing on the right hand side the steering box is in the way

I have fitted the right hand side one to my car I had to trim it a wee bit to clear the starter gen the left side looks like it will bolt straight on

I tapped the holes in the chassis to 5/16 unc so I can use bolts saves getting some else to hold the nuts and make it easer to get them off thanks tony 

I should be able to grab you some photos on the weekend, genuine Holden bodied car 

tonybuick.If you have a Austalian 1925 Buick parts book for right hand drive,maybe you can se how it looks?(there are picture of the side pan in my American parts book.)

Leif in Sweden.

I haven't been ever able to find an equivalent for RHD cars, it's possible it exists but GM didn't own Holden until 1931 so they appear to have done their own thing in a number of cases  

• 2 months later...

Tony, 

There is an eggplant shaped sheet metal panel that goes around the exhaust pipe on the engine side pan.  It is held in by 2 bolts.  See Larry's powder coated pan photos.  Yours appears to be missing.  Let me know if you need a template to make this piece.  Larry was kind enough to lend me his part and I made one for my 25-25.  

Best Regards,

Hugh 

post-153681-0-42257700-1446470735_thumb.

Edited by gr8success (see edit history)

Attached is a template that you can use to create your exhaust pipe plate.  The 2 bolt holes should match your engine pan.  The original is .045 gauge, but you can make this out of 22 ga.  It is curved to follow the contour of the engine pan.  I sent a PM to you. 

exhaust_pipe_plate.pdf

Edited by gr8success (see edit history)