Anyone collect engines?

Frantz

I've always toyed with the idea of having a collection of motors properly restored. They take up less space than cars, but they aren't quite as fun to run when not attached to a chassis. Anyone here have a collection of restored motors with some pictures?

Man that place has alot of cool racing motors. I'm sure it gets addicting. I'd have to spend some time and count the number of short blocks I have sitting around. Most of them aren't desirable from a performance perspective (Lots of Chevy and Rambler straight 6 motors, a few smaller v8s). If I could come up with a good space from them I could see restoring them being a fun cheap hobby along side my cars. That forum looks dangerous. I was working some magic last night trying to acquire a solid project Model TT and the guy said he had a hit and miss too. I was tempted. We'll see where that goes.

Edited by Frantz (see edit history)

Ford 3.8 RWD, Rambler 232, 258, 4.0, 290 (x2), 360 (x2), Chevy 216, 235, 250. Like I said, nothing rare or of value but even if it was just an exterior restoration I think they'd look cool next to the proper car in the garage.