Just a Thought

coast

I am trying to work up the courage to replace my heater core. In doing so I was looking at old articles in the Riview. I was amazed at the wealth of great information in these prior Riviews.

So I was thinking it might be interesting to reprint some of these older articles in the current Riviews. I was thinking mainly about the articles that are technical how to or restoration tips of specific components. I know they are all available on line, but it would be interesting to me to get one old article in each new Riview.  Retro Riview.

Just a thought.

Bob

Bob,

I will pass your suggestion onto Ray Knott. There are some outstanding tips in the Riviews we haven't seen for 20+ years! I have thought about the same thing particularly those addressing the more popular/common problems that would still be useful for new members today.......or old members that forgot about them. I've ran across old articles myself that I forgot completely about. Even if an old tech article isn't published in its entirety, an option would be to highlight the article in the Odds and Ends page so it could easily be found.

As you mentioned while all past Riview's are available on the website in the members-only section, not everyone is able or wants to take the time to sift through them online.

Thank you for the suggestion

Bob,

I will pass your suggestion onto Ray Knott. There are some outstanding tips in the Riviews we haven't seen for 20+ years! I have thought about the same thing particularly those addressing the more popular/common problems that would still be useful for new members today.......or old members that forgot about them. I've ran across old articles myself that I forgot completely about. Even if an old tech article isn't published in its entirety, an option would be to highlight the article in the Odds and Ends page so it could easily be found.

As you mentioned while all past Riview's are available on the website in the members-only section, not everyone is able or wants to take the time to sift through them online.

Thank you for the suggestion

Is there an index of articles that were in all past issues of The Riview?  That would be handy.  Then you could search it before tackling a job and see what has been written up about that subject in past issues.  then you can use the online edition to go specifically to that article.  Faster than just browsing, hoping to find something.

I am pretty sure Ray has talked about the index in the recent past and that an update is already in work. I am not aware of its progress but I do believe I remember it being discussed?

If you are talking about bringing up using old tech articles in current issues of the Riview, that might be a good topic to discuss?