Colored vacuum hose

jimriviera

Is there a source for color coded 1/8" Vacuum hose? I need to replace all hoses on my 67 Riviera with automatic climate control. I have found some at Summit Racing, but not all colors. It uses red,white, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, brown, pink, black, chartreuse, and maroon. Any Help? Thanks.

Is there a source for color coded 1/8" Vacuum hose? I need to replace all hoses on my 67 Riviera with automatic climate control. I have found some at Summit Racing, but not all colors. It uses red,white, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, brown, pink, black, chartreuse, and maroon. Any Help? Thanks.

On the colors you can't find, you could stretch regular vacuum hose out tightly between two nails on a board and mask off a stripe on the hose and paint the stripe on yourself.

Search the archives. This has been discussed previously and someone found a source.

Here is the link to the recent post. http://forums.aaca.org/f177/color-coded-vacuum-hoses-390855.html

Doing some checking, it looks like hoses available are 5/32. At least the ones from Ames and pics David posted indicate the hose kit from Oldair might be 5/32 as well.

I measured the nipples on my 66 A/C vacuum system and they are about .145 diameter which would make a 1/8 ID hose fit tightly so based on that the hoses are 1/8"ID. Since 5/32 is .160, the nipple would need to be larger than .160 for a snug fit.

With limited info I see, it appears no one makes color coded 1/8 ID hoses.

Some of my hoses have a wide rough edged paint stripe while others are more narrow and sharp edged so there was variation on the originals.

Thanks for the replies. I found a seller on Ebay, YJ RACING PARTS. They sell seven colors of silicone vacuum hose. Sold by the foot, so you don't have to buy more than needed. Price is $.99/ft for 1/8" id.. I will try them out soon.

That hose is molded the actual color, not just a stripe.....Is your car highly modified? If not that stuff wouldn't look right. Better to go with

just black hoe or paint the stripes on yourself.