Doesn't everyone need one of these????

R W Burgess

Wayne, that's the big Caterpillar. Here is the 1 HP Model. Notice the exhaust stack for the mighty 1 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. For year I looked for drivers that were small enough to operate it. Here they are! Posed in front of the BOO BROS. 35 Ford pickup, a AACA HPOF reject. Click on the image to enlarge.

post-32318-143142995939_thumb.jpg

Wayne, that's the big Caterpillar. Here is the 1 HP Model. Notice the exhaust stack for the mighty 1 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. For year I looked for drivers that were small enough to operate it. Here they are! Posed in front of the BOO BROS. 35 Ford pickup, a AACA HPOF reject. Click on the image to enlarge.

That's cool Paul. Sorry to hear your PU did not make the grade. Any reason? Something under the hood?

Wayne

The rest of the story: The Caterpillar Bulldozer was originally a pedal Car/Dozer. Problem was kids were not strong enough to drive the metal tracks very well. By the time they were strong enough, they no longer fit in it. After the engine was added, I used two broom sticks with rubber cups on the ends to work the steering levers and would walk behind it as it drove around the show field. I found these two kids at the AACA Florida West Coast Region show in Gulfport FL. Their mother almost had to leave them with me, they didn't want to leave to see the rest of the show. I've heard that Region recently folded due to lack of volunteers to run it. Sad story but is symptomatic of many local groups.

Wayne, The BOO Bros. truck was rejected at a National Show in St.Petersburg years ago. After lots of letters and several phone calls, I was told it didn't have the P in HPOF. In my mind, now at 80 years old, still running and driving with original running gear, Preserved by a brush painting in 1970 and seat covers from Western Auto, it's historically preserved. I know it would take face & body lifts, tons of botox, fancy make-up, shoes & cloths to look like Joan Rivers.

Read this as (new parts & patch panels, tons of bondo, fancy paint, tires & upholstery to be a show truck.)

Then, I wouldn't want to haul, hay, bricks, dirt, sod, lumber, engines, furniture or picnic coolers in it, just to get a bowling trophy with an old car on top. It always draws a crowd, not accolades or trophies.

P. S. When shown, I removed the chicken crates, farm tools and the BB gun & rack in the back window. (I didn't replace the original rear glass with the real bullet holes either) I hope I'm still running at 80, with a few dents, scratches, scars as patina or even with a few replacement parts, like my truck.