eBay Collector Car Section Not Working?

hddennis

Is anyone else having trouble finding antique cars on eBay Motors?

I Click on my bookmark I've used for well over 10 years: Collector Cars.

That has sections 1939 and earlier which now turns up a mix of modern junk.

The other section Antiques 1925 and earlier is non functional as well.

I called eBay and the tech swore up & down there was a way I could still do my old searches but he finally gave up trying and said he would call me back when he had found a way, I'm not holding my breath!

If these sections are now dead I don't see any way eBay is viable for us pre-war folks??

Howard Dennis

I just found this earlier thread: http://forums.aaca.org/f169/ebay-search-386097.html

Nobody is concerned enough to call eBay and complain?? It may not seem like a big deal to some but I've used these two searches for at least 14 years and if they no longer work I'm done with eBay. For you sellers that don't complain, good luck on buyers finding your auction!

Howard Dennis

Guest my3buicks

Under the "All Listing" tab there is a small all listing word in blue - tap on that and it will bring up the rest of the listing - not sure if this is going to a permanent thing or if it is just a glitch

This morning, I also encountered a problem with ebay in setting my car search criteria. I usually click on "ebay Motors", then "Cars and Trucks" then under "Year From/To" I'd click from 1930 to 1955. This usually works like a champ, but this morning it pulled up one car from the requested era, then the rest were modern "junk". This happened to me a year or so ago, I contacted ebay and they had it fixed within 24 hours.

I just now tried my search criteria on ebay motors, and it seems to be working fine.

I've purchased two cars via ebay (1947 Chev. Sedan Delivery and 1950 Crosley Station Wagon) and am pleased with the results.

Cheers,

Grog

I have no idea if this addresses your specific concern but sometimes the same old content may still be available on eBay or whatever site you visit, but the URL (or website page address) may have been changed by the website for some reason. Changing a single character will make your bookmark invalid, so try your search from the website directly and make a new bookmark once you've found the content you always enjoyed.