I'm new here.

Guest pearl66

Guest pearl66

My name is Roger & I'm from Sacramento area. I recently acquired a '66 Skylark GS convertible. She's in fairly good shape, but I can't seem to find the front arm rest pads. They are approx. 14" long. I think my best bet at this point is to find someone that can recast them. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Guest my3buicks

Welcome, sounds like you are starting off right with a 66 Gran Sport conv. Have you tried Legendary Auto & Year One Inc(both would have websites) Keep an eye open on ebay. Also, post that you are looking for them in the wanted/for Sale section further down gthe Buick Forum section

Roger, here is a link to the correct page in the Year One Catalog: The last 5 items at the bottom of the page may be what you are looking for. Good luck !

https://www.yearone.com/Catalog/1964.72.skylark.gs/interior/door-components/front-armrest-pads_bases_hardware

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Guest pearl66

Thanks for the lead, but those are the 11" pads, I need 14". I need to get in touch with the local Buick club. That way I can compare what they have vs. what I have.

Thanks,

Roger

Guest pearl66

I would be thrilled to buy NOS if I could find them. Do you think '65 and '66 are the same. My '66 are 13-3/4" Lg x 2" W x 2-1/4" Dp and have a metal plat on the back for attachment to the arm rest base.

I want to ank everyone for their interest in my problem.

They sound similar but I sold all my '65 stuff so I have to rely on my faulty memory. I seem to remember that '64 & '65 were the same. I don't know about '66. It is always cool to score some NOS parts but there is no NOS store. For the record, I have never seen NOS armrests advertised anywhere (ebay, Craigslist, Bugle, Google search, etc.) in the 20 plus years I have been actively interested in restoring '65 Skylarks. Given the need and the number of folks looking for them, if one should surface I expect a fast and furious bidding exercise. Finding two would be amazing. Good used is a much better prospect. I had better luck finding good used on the less used passenger side than ones that driver had been resting their elbow on for 49 years. They would fit either side in '65.