Somebody Please Save this Chrysler CO Sedan

Sorry I don't know how to do a link, but check the Winston-Salem, NC craigslist for a 1933 Chrysler CO sedan. Note that it is a dual side mount car with a rear luggage rack and 4 suicide doors. Note that at least one hard type side mount cover is in the back seat. Looks like a pretty complete car and is described as running. He describes it as a rat rod - in fact it is listed as "Rat Rod 1933" - doesn't even give the make. It will come up if you just type "1933" in the search box for cars & trucks. He is asking $8100. Wish I could save this from being cut up.

That's the one. Obviously sedans are not high dollar cars when completed, but I do think this one is worth saving. At least he didn't disassemble it. The air cleaner assembly is in the back floor. Looks like that might be part of the other side mount cover back in the rear corner.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

I went and saw this car yesterday. I have too many project to take this one on, but wanted to pass on what I saw. This is a solid, restorable car and appears to be complete except for missing front and rear bumpers. Included are both spare wheels, side mounting hardware and hold downs and both covers. He has all removed chrome including the radiator cap, hood door pulls, tail light, interior door hardware and the chrome strips on the luggage rack. The dash cluster is in great shape. The laminated glass in most of the windows is fogged and must be replaced. He also has the trunk that came with the car. The story on the bumpers was that the family of the long time owner who died as he was beginning restoration on the car, did not track down the bumpers from a platter before selling it. He now has the car running. If he doesn't get close to his price, he will keep the car original and fix-up to get it on the road to enjoy. Hope this will help someone follow up on this car.

Beautiful car. Wish I had more space, or I'd think about myself. Hope it goes to the right home.