Touring in a '23

Brian_Heil

The weather was so nice last weekend, we ended up taking a 105 mile round trip from our home (18 miles south of Flint) over to Lansing (home of Oldsmobile, REO). Our Maid of Honor from 30 years ago was in town and has a very nice camera (not like me that has one that also happens to be a phone) and took some nice shots as we ran out to the lake on Saturday before our Lansing trip on Sunday afternoon. Enjoy. Not much color last weekend with the changing trees (but a good amount now) and raining like mad all this coming weekend per the weatherman.

post-44136-143142760902_thumb.jpg

post-44136-143142760908_thumb.jpg

post-44136-143142760913_thumb.jpg

post-44136-143142760917_thumb.jpg

Last weekend, I led a local tour & drove my 1913 Touring car, 1931 Sedan & 1938 Sport Sedan to a car show benefit for Alzheimers. The weather was cool and dry, so I gave my 92 year old father a ride in the 13 Buick on the way home. He smiled all the way.

Brisk fall weather gets your blood flowing to enjoy this time of the year. Those who don't drive their open vintage cars don't know what they're missing.

Thanks for posting guys...

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)

We hope to have one more run this year since we have not been to our favorite cider mill.

Leif do they have fresh hot donuts sold by the grease stained brown bag (6 per) and fresh pressed cider type mills in Sweden?

Its been raining since I took those pictures a week ago. That's what I get for posting nice pics!

The week before we had the last of the warm summer nights. I took "Beulah" for a spin around dusk. A friend of my wife's came for a visit and took this photo of us in front of our house. We went to church Sunday and it was 40 Degrees! (Still with the top down) Joan had the lap robe around her! Still waiting for the leaves to change around here.

Larry

post-79073-143142766845_thumb.jpg

Brian.

(Leif do they have fresh hot donuts sold by the grease stained brown bag (6 per) and fresh pressed cider type mills in Sweden?)

Yes I Think we have but I can`t remember when I eat it.If living in a town I think it`s easier to find that.

Leif in Sweden