425 ignition wires

Guest clamshells

Guest clamshells

I bought a project car with brand new ignition wires that look like a kid wearing his big brother's hand-me-downs. As I am cleaning up the engine compartment these wires are on the list to be replaced by a nice fitting set. The last time I purchased ignition wires for a 425 was 1992 I bought NOS from a local independent parts house, of course that parts house is gone. Even if I found a set of NOS they would be ridiculously expensive and exceeding their shelf life. Is a acceptable fit even available or make a set from the pre-made assortment found in some auto parts stores?

What are you OCD Riv Nuts doing for nice fitting ignition wires on your nailheads?

I have a ignition terminal crimper for those 60's skinny wires but rather not go that route..............unless I drink 5 cups of coffee ;-)

Edited by clamshells (see edit history)

Guest clamshells
I bought a set of made to fit wires at O'Rielly's Auto parts. Napa has them also. About 25 bucks for the full set.

Works well and guaranteed for life.

Really appreciate a picture.

Not sure what your budget is. Careful theres alot of inferior wire sets out there at the chain autoparts. Some OK, some aren't. I buy correct date coded Packard Supression wires from Lectric Limited. Not just for the cosmetic authenticity but they are correctly length cut and have the flanged boots. In my experience they are a high quality product and priced accordingly. Their listing actually differentiates between a single carb and your dual carb 425. $80

http://www.lectriclimited.com/mainpage.htm

NAPA sells Belden wire, terminals, nipples, and everything your need to make a set except the rubber cylinder head well covers. I make my sets with solid core wires to all the plugs and a carbon suppression coil wire. Just wipe the Belden writing off with lacquer thinner.

Bernie

Guest clamshells
Not sure what your budget is. Careful theres alot of inferior wire sets out there at the chain autoparts. Some OK, some aren't. I buy correct date coded Packard Supression wires from Lectric Limited. Not just for the cosmetic authenticity but they are correctly length cut and have the flanged boots. In my experience they are a high quality product and priced accordingly. Their listing actually differentiates between a single carb and your dual carb 425. $80

http://www.lectriclimited.com/mainpage.htm

Exactly what I was looking for. Excellent!

(on a budget restoring or maintaining a 1st generation riv..............lol)

Thanks Jason,

Mike

Clams,

I got a set from Cars Inc. They were described as a 1965 Spark Plug Wire Set Date Coded 1Q65 - Packard Electric. Good for the 401 and 425. Click HERE or the link above to see them on the Car Inc site. They fit like a glove, are period correct and are well made. They also have the proper boot flange and have worked perfectly for the six months I've had them. $79.95

Not sure if they fit the Dual Quad setup but would think they have a set for yours.

gord

Edited by msdminc
Additional Info (see edit history)

Guest clamshells
Clams,

I got a set from Cars Inc. They were described as a 1965 Spark Plug Wire Set Date Coded 1Q65 - Packard Electric. Good for the 401 and 425. Click HERE or the link above to see them on the Car Inc site. They fit like a glove, are period correct and are well made. They also have the proper boot flange and have worked perfectly for the six months I've had them. $79.95

Not sure if they fit the Dual Quad setup but would think they have a set for yours.

gord

Hi Gord,

I-Q-65 is the correct part number through Lectric and CARS for the Packard wire set date correct.

Been a while..........hope to see you around here more.

Mike