Finally got the front seat done

Last year I pulled the front seat out of my 55 Ford convertible and today it was installed,I did have a spare seat to throw in so I could drive it but it looked horrible in it and glad its gone. This is not a reproduction cover as I stitched it up myself and will do the rear seat over the winter,the quality control must not have been too good back then as the pleats were not straight and not evenly spaced and some of the top stitching was not even so I tried to get it much better. The rear backrest is worse then the front so its going to be harder to straighten up and while the front was apart I stiffened up the springs along with repairing the broken springs and installed new foam and cotton,I will probably have almost what I could have bought covers for but thats no fun.

post-40021-14314251798_thumb.jpg

post-40021-143142517987_thumb.jpg

post-40021-143142517993_thumb.jpg

post-40021-1431425180_thumb.jpg

You did a fine job, I'd be happy if I received that quality of work. Funny what you said about factory stitching, comes up often when we talk about restorations, how the originals can never compare to the craftsmanship of a high end resto. This almost.... almost, makes me want to try making my own!

My 55 was a very late production and has 56 parts and a 4th color in the interior where it looks like they ran out of the green and substituted a light blue so if I ever showed it the judges would go nuts,the light blue was on the rear of the backrests and on the top of the rear panels and I wanted to put the light blue back on the backrests but could not find a color that matched so I put it the way it was supposed to be. It was bought new by my dad so I know thats the way it came from the factory.

post-40021-143142519111_thumb.jpg

post-40021-143142519117_thumb.jpg