need parts list

35cz8

I have been scanning my 1936 Dodge parts book and group 18 says to refer to the group 18 in the Dodge Brothers Passenger Car Parts List issued May. 1, 1934. Does anyone happen to have that parts list as I would like to get a copy of that section so I can refer to it as I start the assembly process of my car. Thanks for any help.

Bob

I can help if no-one else steps up, give me more info. Does your 36 book have a group 18. Isnt 18 transmission? Id like to see a scan of where you are reading this

It is Group 18 (Standard Parts ie. nuts/bolts/etc.) that is missing from the specific model Parts List. I am interested in the same document if it is available as my 1934 DR Parts List book also makes a reference to it. The funniest part of my parts list is that it has the fist 20 or so pages bound backwards but it is an interesting document.

Steve

Jason, Here is the scan of the page. I just need this section (section 18) as the rest of the part numbers seem to be in my parts book. I did a google search for the 1934 master parts list and turned up nothing. Thanks for any help you can be.

Bob

post-32603-143142432731_thumb.jpg

I thought I may have been able to help but I only have volume 2 only which starts at Group 23 and goes to Group 27.

If you ever need anything from these groups let me know.

Cheers

Ian

1934-1936 Dodge Car Master maintenance Manual, but it starts at 1 and goes to 15 ( groups ) the other I have is a Plymouth Master issue April 1 1934, Groups 1-29 don't know if anything is interchangable,,,,

I'll just add a little thought on the subject here, if I may. I might be looking at this wrong, but it seems to me that a look at the Group 18 parts list would probably be interesting, and for a few, valuable. I think, however, that it might be of little use for most of us. It's probably a comprehensive general list of all of the different size and type of nuts and bolts in our cars, but it was published in the '34 Master Parts book. Which is, in many cases, before our cars were built.

Ok group 18, standard parts. A few years ago I compiled a binder of the standard parts lists from several different makes so I could cross reference the numbers and get a better idea of needed hardware. Send me an E-mail and I will make the scans to send to you.

BTW the standard parts lists from the Masters books are in some cases innacurate as the original part #s were superceded with new numbers and no-one spent the time to verify the accuracy of the hardware.

Since you are in need of the 36 numbers than maybe the 34 #s will be your best/only option. I will see if I have a 36 group 18 when I get home tonight.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

I thought I may have been able to help but I only have volume 2 only which starts at Group 23 and goes to Group 27.

If you ever need anything from these groups let me know.

Cheers

Ian

I have several complete sets of the original books if you or anyone is ever interested. Id pick up one volume somewhere and another volume somewhere else.

Hi Jason,

Id be interested in a Volume 1 but only if you want to part with it. That would give me the complete set.

Regards

Ian

At this point I only have the complete sets.........Im wrong, just looked, I have 1 un-complete set but it is also volume two so I am also needing another # 1 to complete that set.

I often have people offer me books/literature and that is how I come across this stuff. I will keep in mind that you are looking for a # 1 and will let you know.

It is Group 18 (Standard Parts ie. nuts/bolts/etc.) that is missing from the specific model Parts List. I am interested in the same document if it is available as my 1934 DR Parts List book also makes a reference to it. The funniest part of my parts list is that it has the fist 20 or so pages bound backwards but it is an interesting document.

Steve

Don't know if this info will help (Plymouth master parts group 18-1 to 18-35 ) total pages 35, issued April 1 1934 Chrysler Motor parts Corp.

Total groups group 1 to group 29...

post-70464-143142434124_thumb.jpg

Edited by knobless
added info (see edit history)

Thanks for the help guys.

Jason, I too have found vast differences in the master listing when compared to the individule listings and that is wh I am seeking the info from the listing that my 1936 book said. I have sent you a PM with E-Mail address.

Ian, If you do a google search for these master parts books, you can sometimes find them as reprints at a very good price. I have a set of the reprints and plan on taking them apart and scanning them then put them on a disc as two PDF's (vol 1 and vol 2) so I can carry the books with me anywhere I co and access them on my laptop. It is a long process, but I think it will be worth the effort. Once done, I can put the reprint volumes into a loose leaf notebook and still have them as well and I will not have torn up any originals to do it. I can't count the number of times I have found boxes full of mopar parts at swap meets but nobody knew what years they fit so I am going armed with printed numerical lists from my year specific books and a pdf of the master numbers to try and help me ID some of the part numbers.

I am looking for this info as when my grandson and I removed the body from the frame, on my 1936 CP, many of the bolts broke off and some were missing. I want to list all the bolt sizes (and how many of each) that I will need to bolt the body back on when I am done with the frame. If I am going to do this car right, I want "everything" right and nothing just half way.

Thanks again to all that have responded, I do appreciate it very much.

Bob

Steve

You can also send me an e-mail if you would like a copy. jhason2@yahoo.com

Going through the library today. Looking at the different year and models, 18 was reference back to May of 34 from the other books. I found what your looking for. 48 pages. Let me know that this is it. I also have a 36 D2 4 dr that were parting out. Different than the book I posted on #7.post-78906-143142434254_thumb.jpg .

post-78906-143142434242_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)