Photo from 1910. Need help i.d.ing car.

West Peterson

I have no idea what this is but the combination of a doorless toy tonneau body, eyebrows on the front fenders, a quite high hood line and a tall radiator cap must limit the choices. The body style suggests 1909-10 to me but the eyebrows were more common a couple of years later than that.

West,

the hubcap appears to have an outside that is hex shaped but is that an optical illusion. The hood appears to be a little more rounded at the top but is that really so. The hubcaps are full sombrero shaped which is a feature of this age of Oldsmobile. If the outside of the hubcaps are hex shaped that should be an identifying feature. I don't know of any car with hubcaps like that. Bleach . REOs really din't look like Oldsmobiles

I've been following this thread and have a few observations..... I have attached a photo of an EMF hubcap that seems to be quite similar. The car has full elliptical springs and a heavy shadow in front of the differential that may suggest a trans-axle. The dash is wrong, however and the 'floating' rear seat is a puzzle...

Frank

post-30765-143142350805_thumb.png

Oldford,

These hubcaps are not like the run of the mill hubcaps. There is a hex shaped female indention in the middle and apparently just to the out side, a male shaped hex.

The original photo is of such poor quality with respect to the details of the hubcaps. My un-calibrated eyeballs just can't see that well.

Frank

• 9 years later...