36 dodge brothers sedan

Guest Larry McK

Has any one used an early S10 frame and running gear with a 36 db sedan?

It is all in the measuring tape. As I remember a super cab long box S-10 is 2" shorter from axle to axle and 1" wider center of tire to center of tire. Get some off set wheels to bring the tires. There is nothing you can do to make the tires center in the wheel wells on a car. We did this on a P/U moved the bed forward and most people never knew the lip on the front of the bed was gone. This is a Dodge. Look to the Dakota with a magnum and tow package. The 4 door long bed was just right to fit under my panel Van.

Frank

How do you upload pictures on this sight?

O.K...I don't know how much you DO know about it so excuse me if I am being simple. First of all others may do this differently than I do.

1-Make certain that the pixel sizes of your photo is 2000 pixels or less in BOTH directions.

2-When you start a new post, below the message box is the "additional options" area.

3-Inside that area you should see the "manage attachments" box.

4-Click on that.

5-A box will come up and inside there you should see a box that says, "add files".

6-Click on that.

7-A box will come up that says, "select files".

8-Click on that.

9-Go to the photo you want to post and click on it.

10-It will go into a box where you should see "upload files".

11-Click on that.

12-Wait for the photo to load and pop up in the lower left corner of the box.

13-When you see it, exit that box by clicking on the red box with the white "X" in the upper right corner of the box.

14-Scroll down to see "submit new thread".

If you want to add photos to a post that is here already, go to "Edit Post" and go from there.

That should do it. John

The location of the photo file (as described by "keiser" above) should be on your computer, not a photo sharing web site.

You do not need to use a photo sharing site with this Forum. It retains copies of your attached photos itself. If you are trying to use a link to a photo sharing site there would be different instructions.

The easiest way is to get to the spot in your post that you want the photo, click the post-67404-143142353111_thumb.jpg icon at the top of the window, and proceed using the "from computer" tab of the selection window that comes up.

If you are using a photo sharing site, you will need to have copied the URL link to the photo and then use the "from URL" tab.

The photo will reside in your post at the place where your cursor was when you clicked the post-67404-143142353111_thumb.jpg icon.

Hope this helps.

Has any one used an early S10 frame and running gear with a 36 db sedan?

If your intention is to butcher this car, you're on the wrong forum. IMHO these cars were ahead of their time with more advanced running gear than Ford or Chevy. I drive my stock 36 on the freeway all the time. No reason to change!

Guest Larry McK

As you can see this car will take a frame off restoration. When I found this car at first I wanted to restore it to original, as this is my first try at getting an old car runinning the task is more than my skill level will allow. Perhaps I should part it out or try to trade it for something else.

As you can see this car will take a frame off restoration. When I found this car at first I wanted to restore it to original, as this is my first try at getting an old car runinning the task is more than my skill level will allow. Perhaps I should part it out or try to trade it for something else.

Unless this car has an extreme rust issue, the running gear should still be sound. Where are you located?

Parting or trade (if you are not contemplating a low level restoration) would be the way to go instead of modification. Like "Steve9" was getting at, you will have the same body work to do if you elect to modify with an S-10 frame. Why add all the engineering involved with that modification to the already there issue of body restoration?

This car is in too good of shape to think about a "rat rod" idea plus I have never seen a really interesting "rat" done on a 4dr base vehicle. This car is special already because of its (probably) dual sidemounts. A fairly rare option in its day.

If you are not thinking about taking on the idea of a restoration, which the people on this Forum would be glad to help you out with, then I would think the best idea would be to part the vehicle out so some of these rare parts would not fall to waste. You MAY catch a trade but that would be much more sketchy to get all the right conditions to set that up.

Good luck with your decision, whatever it is. If you DO decide to part out, let the guys on this forum know first so that process will be the most efficient for you.

If getting a car as simple as a 1936 Dodge running is beyond your skills you definitely can't handle swapping a body from one make car to another make chassis all you'll end up doing is destroying 2 decent vehicles and creating a large pile of parts that will end up for sale. Pass that Dodge on to someone who can save it. Do this several times, save up your profits and buy a car you really want.

Howard Dennis

Guest Larry McK

You guys make a lot since, maybe I can sell it to someone who can handle a project like this. It was a field find and has some rusted out areas. Over all it's pretty solid , us old guys like to relive our youth through cars sometimes. I haven't tried to bump the motor yet. Maybe I'll try that on a warm day. If anyone is interested in this car let me know. All the parts are there.

You guys make a lot since, maybe I can sell it to someone who can handle a project like this. It was a field find and has some rusted out areas. Over all it's pretty solid , us old guys like to relive our youth through cars sometimes. I haven't tried to bump the motor yet. Maybe I'll try that on a warm day. If anyone is interested in this car let me know. All the parts are there.

I have someone interested in it. I sent you a PM (private message) with my contact info and items we are requesting.