1940 Special oil

meteor

Guest BigDogDaddy

Since your engine was rebuilt, you can go ahead and use synthetic. My 1940 Limited's engine is all original with about 80,000 miles on it. The old books say to use straight 30 weight. So that is what I use as a non synthetic.

I'm in the same bucket as Big Dog engine wise.

I use Kendal 10w-30 and a can of STP for luck.

Oil pressure is SOOOO much better since we emoried the oil pump plate at our last pan cleaning party.

uh oh. Danny's green light is on. Can Grant be far behind ????

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

I use 10-40 Texaco in all my cars. I just like to imagine some Indian chief in a black '67 Caddy convertible driving through a field of oil wells on my nickle... head dress and feathers. Just imagination, but it humors me.

I know it's all probably turban oil if you checked it out. Ooops! Did I write turban oil? I must have meant turbine oil. Gotta have coffee with Freud and talk that slip over.

Bernie

I use 10-40 Texaco in all my cars. I just like to imagine some Indian chief in a black '67 Caddy convertible driving through a field of oil wells on my nickle... head dress and feathers. Just imagination, but it humors me.

I know it's all probably turban oil if you checked it out. Ooops! Did I write turban oil? I must have meant turbine oil. Gotta have coffee with Freud and talk that slip over.

Bernie

Bernie,

Most likely your oil came from our friends up north of the border. No that can't be true, 'cause they didn't build the pipeline.

Well then, it must have come down by tanker car via BNSF ( owned by Warrren Buffet's Birk / Hath). No that can't be true, 'cause the train crashed and burned.

It could have come from the Gulf of Mexico. No that can't be true, 'cause they have shut down a lot of rigs.

Heck, you might be right, 'cause it looks like we're SAVING ALL OF OURS FOR A LATER DATE.

I'm pretty sure the Keystone pipeline will be built. It will provide the infrastructure needed for a parallel water line to drain the Great Lakes of valuable fresh water when payments to China come due. Take a look at the map.

Also the Army Corp of Engineers hasn't been able to keep the shipping lanes of the Mississippi open well enough to get all that fabled "foreign" oil into port.

Bernie

Bernie,

I think you are right. It will get built, but they won't start on it untill after November of this year when we get the 60+ votes in the senate.

I was born and raised in the shadow of lock and dam 14 (Davenport Ia.) and did you know at with all the locks on the Mississippi, there is not a hydro plant on a one of them. They just make big lakes........... What a waste...........