A New Car In The Garage

midman

post-96840-143142221218_thumb.jpgHi Everyone,

I am new to AACA, new to to Buicks and just want to say hi.

I am posting here because I just picked up a 1931 8-96-S coupe. I always wanted a prewar car, and probably paid too much but it is a cool car.

Frame #2488306, engine #1248873 on the side of the block and #240600 on the engine head.

if anyone here can tell me anything about it please let me know.I will post pics soon.

Needs some odds and ends like an exhaust manifold, air cleaner, dome light lens, but other than that just needs to be gone through.

Chuck

Edited by midman (see edit history)

Guest ole buick

Hello Chuck,

I'm glad to see you here, you will love it. I was new here just a few short weeks ago. If you will participate, you will be part of the family in no time. Everyone here is helpful and wants to see you enjoy your new car. Pictures is what it takes to sooth the savage beasts in all of us. I hope you enjoy this Forum as much as I do. Just jump in and hang on.

Donnie Wallace

Guest 3 Tone

Welcome! I'm a newbie too. When you get ready I have a 430 Buick and a switch pitch 400 turbo that will fix that car right up. Just joking it's great the way it is a very nice ride for sure!

Oh. And be sure to Join the BCA. (Buick Club of America) And sign up for the Prewar Division also. It would be fun to have you tour with us on a Prewar After tour some time when you get it running tip top. Dandy Dave!

http://www.buickclubofamerica.org/subscribe.html

http://forums.aaca.org/f165/buick-club-america-pre-war-division-201944.html

Nice car Chuck! Is that a factory color? Beautiful! Get some nice fall pics and join the Autumn Buicks thread.

No not the factory color. Best I can tell it was originally Pearth Green, whatever the heck that is. I can see some paint under the current layer. If that is the original color it sort of looks like a forest green. I'll get some detail pics up this weekend.

Thanks!

Chuck:

Now I am wondering how anyone found a car this nice, of this vintage at Carlisle. I went to Carlisle 25 years ago to look for parts for my 1937 Buick and was disgusted year after year of not finding anything that old.

I am the director of the Mason-Dixon chapter of the BCA. We would love to have you join us. I am in Chambersburg

I would like you to get in touch with me and I would love to see the car..

Larry DiBarry 717-263-3804

Hi Larry,

I'll give you a call.

The car is not bad but needs some work. It is a 1960's resto so the paint is cracked everywhere, but there is no rust and mechanically it seems good though I need to go through everything, especially those big mechanical brakes to make sure all is OK. The exhaust manifold is on its last legs though still holding together, and it needs some little things like an interior dome light lens, cigarette lighter, etc.

talk to you soon.

Chuck