Leather dye and restoration

trimacar

A few years ago I had contact information for a company in Pennsylvania (believe owned/run by a woman) which sold leather restoration products....anyone have that info?

Alternate, what system have you used and recommend?

I've always worked with new leather, never restored same, thus my lack of knowledge on the subject. The company/woman I'm looking for did a demonstration at the AACA museum a couple of years ago, and everyone who saw the results was impressed. Of course, I carefully filed away her contact information in the "Can'tfindit" file......

We have done leather "dyeing" on several occasions (it's actually not a dye but a thin paint product with added flex agents) and buy the necessary products thru the same PPG supplier who provides us with our automotive paints. Results have been good the very few time we have done it.

Guest jimstulga

Go to google and enter "Mohawk leather restoration". Scroll down a bit and you will see a 3 or 4 minute instructional movie. Hope this helps. Jim

MikeWW, leather prices are all over the board, depending on quality, thickness (weight), type of finish......you can buy cheap ( quality wise) hides on Ebay for $2 square foot, nice hides from Mel at $3-4 sf, or excellent leather at $7-10 sf.

MikeB, that's interesting but not the company I was originally looking for.

Wonder if anyone (like Skinned Knuckles magazine) has ever done a test side by side of the major leather restoration products.....