Announcing: The Heartland Hooligans.

Guest wildcat465

Guest wildcat465

In the spirit of naming the caravans from the various areas. I am proud to announce that the Heartland Hooligans are planning their way to South Bend.

The route is still in planning stage, although frankly, options are few.

Donna and I will be leaving our pine cone infested yard Tuesday the 16th. Unfortunately NOT in the 64 Cat.

Paul - you forgot "De Up Nort" in front :cool::rolleyes:

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy...we aren't missing much besides the 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse micro-bus.

We'll be leaving the day before, to be a fair percentage of this suite of South Bend sojourners...perhaps Donna would want to ride with Teresa and make it the "girl's" car...it is Suzanne's after all.

Guest wildcat465

Mercy sakes alive, looks like we got us a convoy...we aren't missing much besides the 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse micro-bus.

How about 1 in a Riviera?

Guest wildcat465
Well, I guess I'm included in this crowd, since I'm part of the Heartland region :D But it seems that the local folks are few and far between on who is attending. So far, I have no one to caravan with on Wednesday. I hope I don't have any problems on the way up!

You don't have to drive in the same pack to be included in the Heartland Hooligans!

Glad to hear you will be there Adam. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Kansas is also part of the Heartland so since I am since I am the longest away Does that make me the FAR OUT HOOLIGAN, wow now that far out and right on good buddy

Catch you guys in South Bend. Should be there Tuesday afternoon

Remember Drive Friendly and enjoy the ride

The makeup of the convoy may be changing...had some difficulties with the '76 today...I'll take a look at things tomorrow and hopefully I can get her squared away. If not, there will be a relatively modern Buick joining us...better A/C and fuel economy at least.

The makeup of the convoy may be changing...had some difficulties with the '76 today...I'll take a look at things tomorrow and hopefully I can get her squared away. If not, there will be a relatively modern Buick joining us...better A/C and fuel economy at least.

Like newer than a Reatta?

Yes, but it shouldn't be an issue. The good news is that (subject to a shakedown drive) I believe I have found the issue. The rubber on the air cleaner is somewhat deteriorated and a chunk was in the carb (based on what was missing from the air cleaner, I believe none got into the engine). I have cut off all the loose bits, so there shouldn't be any issue until I can find a replacement.

As this is a custom air cleaner, with an oval shape, the generic places (that are actually open on Sunday here) don't carry them...on top of the fact that they only seem able to look up based on the car, and since this isn't original, doesn't show up. So, with any luck, I can find one south of the border. It doesn't help that there are no markings on it that would delineate manufacturer numbers to be able to cross-reference.

Things are looking up...and I don't have to show up with a 2002 Regal.

Guest wildcat465

Sounds like the Hooligans I am hooking up with will be about six Buicks driving and one on a trailer.

Shenanigans will ensue.

Looking forward to seeing you soon Derek.

Well there will be one less Buick at the meet. I have been in St Louis with the pick up and had a few problems, so not there is not time to return to Wichita to get the Reatta. Will have to wing it with the pickup. One more day of work in STL and then head for South Bend on Tuesday sometime..

Everybody travel safe and I see ya in South Bend with out the Buick.. Oh well more time to do other things.....Got Bud

Chuck

Smartin today I will be working on my house in Wildwood MO. I plan to get a motel in Eureka for the night, then on the road Tuesday. I was hoping to get out to St. Charles to Fastlane Cars but I dont think that is in the cards today. Today we are spending time with lawyers on an estate. Lawyers you gotta love them.

Chuck Kerls

Guest wildcat465

Thriller here....

Made it in last night...got away far later than usual...forgot the Reatta would get about 50% better fuel economy than the pace car. Met up at Famous Dave's (where else?), had dinner, took the pace car to Fred to get some R12 (got down to 64 in the vent...much better than 85).

We're all conscious this morning, getting ready to eat and head out in about an hour. See all y'all there

Guest wildcat465

First group in, will post pics tomorrow too damn tired to care right now.

See you tomorrow, Dave.

Have seen many already, gonna be a fun time!!!

We are here and head for a good nights rest. Will hit it tomarrow. Lots of road const on I 70 and state 31. Just a bit of rain around St Louis. I dont understand how they have const for several miles, then the road is good, then in another 5 miles some more const.

Chuck