1929 Dodge Brothers 2-door

Guest ncoldcomp

Guest ncoldcomp

I have a 1929 Dodge Brothers 2 door that I believe is a Victoria 6. Every 1929 Dodge that I see like this is a 4-door car. Can anybody help me find out for sure what model this car is?

post-94735-143141965565_thumb.jpg

post-94735-143141965567_thumb.jpg

post-94735-143141965569_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
Definitely not a 1929 DA . Look at the interior pictures dash, hand brake, steering wheel and dash.

Clare30

I believe that is is a DA that has been modified. It also has the wrong tail lamp on it.

• 1 month later...

The main physical difference between the Brougham and Victoria models is that the Victoria had a storage compartment on the left side of the rear seat, just below the left rear window crank. With this configuration, only 2-passengers could sit in the rear seat, while the Brougham allowed 3-passengers in the rear seat. Regarding the validity of the hand brake, both the Victoria and Brougham had the hand brake on the left side of the steering wheel, as was shown in the original pictures.

HBerg, what about the speedometer? It doesn't appear like any DB I've seen.

Clearly, the dashboard has an added panel over the original and some of the instruments are from something else.

You are right John. The DA has a similar panel but ignition switch is relocated, which was pretty common. It appears to be held in with carriage bolts on the ends. And the oval speedo threw me off, just wonder what it's from. I don't think it's from any DB, do you? I realize it's an old thread, I didn't see it before.